Synopses & Reviews
A fresh new design, updated content throughout, and a host of new activities reinforce the approach that has made the Ready to Write series a classroom favorite for more than two decades.
- Updated examples and model paragraphs illustrate organizing elements such as topic sentences, supporting details, and signal words.
- Step-by-step activities guide students in comparing and contrasting, describing, analyzing data, writing test answers, and summarizing.
- Varied, contextualized writing tasks help students with real-life tasks.
- Editing and proofreading exercises encourage students to refine their writing skills.
- New Grammar Guide section presents important grammar points and practice items to boost accuracy.
Ready to Write also includes:
Ready to Write 1
Ready to Write 2
Table of Contents
Part 1 THE ELEMENTS OF GOOD WRITING
Chapter 1 : Getting Ready to Write
Chapter 2: Writing Paragraphs
Chapter 3: Revising and Editing
Chapter 4: Writing Essays
Part 2 TYPES OF ESSAYS
Chapter 5: Process Essays
Chapter 6: Division and Classification Essays
Chapter 7: Cause and Effect Essays
Chapter 8: Comparison and Contrast Essays
Chapter 9: Problem-Solution Essays
Part 3 WRITING FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES
Chapter 10: Writing Summaries
Chapter 11: Expressing Your Opinions
Chapter 12: Writing Undergraduate and Graduate School Application Essays
Appendix: Application for Undergraduate Admission You Be The Editor Answer Key