Synopses & Reviews
This bestselling book has been praised for providing general readers with an excellent introduction to major geographic concepts and fundamental themes. The new seventh edition builds on this success, presenting updated and revised material. It includes information from the 2002 agricultural census and the 2005 mid-point US population census. Readers will also find updated coverage of the Southern Coastlands and Hurricane Katrina as well as new details on the Northlands and the impact of global warming. Anyone interested in the geography of Canada and the US will find this a valuable resource.
Table of Contents
1. Regions and Themes.
2. Geographic Patterns of the Physical Environment.
3. Foundations of Human Activity.
5. North America's Manufacturing Core.
6. Canada's National Core.
7. The Bypassed East.
8. Appalachia and the Ozarks.
9. The Changing South.
10. The Southern Coastlands: On the Subtropical Margin.
11. The Agricultural Core.
12. The Great Plains and Prairies.
13. The Empty Interior.
14. The Southwest Border Area: Tricultural Development.
16. The North Pacific Coast.
17. The Northlands.