About the Author
Sophie Kinsella is the author of the bestselling Shopaholic series, as well as The Undomestic Goddess
and Can You Keep a Secret?
She lives in England.
From the Hardcover edition.
Reading Group Guide
Imagine waking up in a hospital room, unable to remember how you got there—or to recognize your drop-dead-gorgeous husband. Once youre home, you find that your closet is packed with fabulous designer clothes, in a size that only models can squeeze into. Your body is flawless, and your Louis Vuitton handbag contains enough cash and credit to buy even more accessories for your posh life. Your husband is a multimillionaire. How will you ever sort out the truth about who you really are? This is the quandary faced by Lexi Smart in the latest romp from #1 bestselling novelist Sophie Kinsella. Brimming with the wit, charm and optimism that have made her previous books wildly popular around the globe, Remember Me?
will have your reading group cheering for Lexi at every glamorous turn.
The questions and discussion topics that follow are intended to enhance your reading of Sophie Kinsellas Remember Me? We hope they will enrich your experience of this irresistible novel.
1. What were your theories about what had happened to Lexi? How did your first guesses change when you learned more about the aftermath of her fathers funeral?
2. What were the best and worst parts of Lexis life before she broke up with Loser Dave?
3. If you were to go through an experience like Lexis, waking up in the midst of your own life but not recalling anything about it, what quirks or secrets might you encounter? What would an Eric-style manual to your life look like?
4. Would you have been willing to stay with Eric in order to live in such a state-of-the art residence, with high-end clothing, sporty cars, and other status symbols? Would you have resorted to Lexis turnaround in order to save your mother from financial ruin?
5. What are the plusses and minuses of having a fabulous body like Lexis? Were her carb-free ways worth it?
6. What does Remember Me? say about healthy versus destructive ambition? What separates those who would use the entertainment systems disco feature every night and those who (like Eric) would see it as an absurd waste of time?
7. What accounts for the insensitive behavior of Lexis mother? Is her personality the result or the cause of Lexis fathers wild side? If you had been Lexis mother, would you have withheld the truth from your daughter?
8. How does Lexi interact with her feisty younger sister, Amy?
9. Give Lexi a pop-science medical diagnosis. Why was she unable to recall anything that happened between the night she fell while hailing a taxi and the day she woke up? What was significant about the novels opening scene? Why might her mind have rejected all events that occurred afterward?
10. Discuss the comments made by Lexis friends after she tried to make amends, when they admitted that they respected her even though she was a tough boss. Who are the best bosses? What is the ideal way to motivate co-workers? Could you stand it if your best friend became your boss?
11. Would you have trusted Jon? Did he handle the situation well, or did he badger Lexi to the point of seeming dodgy?
12. How did your opinion of Lexis father shift as you read to the end? Did he have any heroic traits? Was his materialism worse than Erics?
13. What does Lexis plan for the carpeting coup prove about getting ahead in business? Which traits will get you better returns: creativity or financial sense? Ingenuity or ruthlessness?
14. Discuss the closing scene on the terrace. What is your best memory or fantasy of a secret code that would unite you and a lover? What do you predict for Jon and Lexis future? What will become of Eric?
15. What would the characters in Sophie Kinsellas other novels think of Lexi Smart and her predicament? What refreshing outlook on life do all of Kinsellas heroines share?