Synopses & Reviews
Over 100 model resumes for doctors, nurses, therapists, technicians, dieticians, and more
- Cover letter, interview, and job search tips
- Using the Internet, online job searching and guidelines
Create an impressive, winning resume with the bestselling guide to getting a better job in Americas fastest-growing and fastest-changing profession
With new technology, managed care, and other developments, the health care profession today is the scene of astonishing change: new jobs are being created, new skills are needed, and job responsibilities are being redefined and expanded. For almost a decade, Resumes for the Health Care Professionalhas been the relied-upon resource for professionals in health care. Now it has been newly updated to help you take advantage of the opportunities & and prepare for the challenges & of finding the right job in the new competitive health care industry.
Featuring a no-nonsense, proven approach, plus valuable inside tips and tricks expressly for the health care industry, Resumes for the Health Care Professionalprovides:
- Examples culled from the authors vast bank of health care resumes, including egistered nurses, technologists, technicians, therapists, social workers, and more
- Cover letter and thank you samples
- Special coverage of new job trends in the health care industry and how to take advantage of them
- Tips on writing the most effective electronic resume
- Lists of popular Internet career centers and Web sites for health care professionals
- Job titles and descriptions of key health care professions, including health assessment and treating occupations; and service, technologist, technician, and diagnosing positions
A wealth of valuable inside tips and tricks on creating a winning resume
especially for the health care professional Resumes for the Health Care Professional contains over 100 samples of health care resumes including registered nurses, technologists, technicians, therapists, social workers, and medical record technicians. This no-nonsense approach will help you prepare an impressive, winning resume faster and easier than easier than you ever thought possible! This step-by-step guide provides:
- Examples culled from the authors vast bank of health care resumes
- Cover letter and thank you letter samples
- A special section covering specific key health care jobs with full descriptions of each job
- 25 tough questions most often asked in a hospital interviewwith the kinds of answers the interviewer wants to hear!
- 6 key questions you should ask the hospital interviewer
Whether youre a health care professional returning to the work force, changing careers, or moving up, or a recent graduate entering the health care industry, this book is one of the best investments youll ever make.
About the Author
KIM MARINO is a corporate trainer for Drake Beam Morin (DBM) and the founder of Just Resumes resume service. She is the author of such successful books as Just Resumes: 200 Powerful and Proven Successful Resumes to Get That Job and Best Resumes for Accountants and Financial Professionals (both from Wiley), as well as The College Student's Resume Guide and The Resume Guide for Women of the 90s.
Table of Contents
The Professional Resume.
The No-Nonsense Approach to Resume Writing.
Health Care Professionals Returning to the Workforce.
Changing Careers or Moving Up in the Health Care Profession.
Resumes for the Health Care Student and Recent Graduate.
The Cover Letter and Thank You Letter.
Job Trends to Look for in the Health Care Industry.
Effective Job Search Techniques for a Health Care Position.
Preparing for the Interview in the Health Care Profession.
List of Health Care and Medical Associations and Publications.
Resume Samples from More Than 100 Health Care Professionals.
Index to Resume Samples by Profession.