Synopses & Reviews
Get the Facts on 187 Retirement Areas in 40 States! From the Sun Belt to the Gulf Coast and from Maui to Maine, Retirement Places Rated takes the guesswork out of relocating. In this completely revised and updated edition, you'll find the top retirement areas ranked and rated on six essential factors to help you make the right choice for your lifestyle. Find Out Which Areas Offer:
- The most affordable places to live
- The best housing prices, the lowest property taxes, and the least expensive utility bills
- The safest and most crime-free areas
- The best in health care, public transportation, and continuing education
- The best opportunities for recreation, the performing arts, and enjoying the outdoors
- The best opportunities for employment
Other Special Features:
- A personalized quiz to help you determine the factors that are most important to you.
- Publications and organizations you need to contact to make the most informed choices.
- Information on cultural and recreational opportunities that leads you to areas with the best restaurants, golf courses, movie theaters, libraries, and more.
Retirement Places Rated is the single best source for selecting an ideal locale for your retirement or your second home. Visit us online at www.mgr.com
Whether you're considering retirement or scouting out the best location for a second home, Retirement Places Rated is an invaluable sourcebook. More than a quarter of a million people have turned to author David Savageau for help in choosing the perfect location, and now that the first of the baby boomers are entering their fifties, this information is more valuable than ever before. More than 200 top retirement areas in the United States, both traditional and newly discovered, are profiled.They're ranked and compared for cost of living, climate, health care, economic factors, crime, services, cultural life, and recreation. Included are climate graphs, maps of retirement regions, comparison charts, and demographic profiles of each area. A special section on relocation resources helps you set your plans in motion once you've chosen where to live.This brand-new, completely up-to-date edition includes approximately 20 new locations and factors in the latest statistics. Look for a brand-new two-color interior design and a full index.
About the Author
About the Author Since 1982, David Savageau has traveled throughout the country visiting locations that attract older adults. He writes the "Quality of Life" column for Expansion Management magazine and is a featured speaker at the U.S. Department of State's quarterly seminars on retirement. He would appreciate comments, criticisms, and suggestions for improving the next edition of Retirement Places Rated. Write to: Places Rated Partnership P.O. Box 1327 Gloucester, MA 01931
Table of Contents
Making the Chapters Work for You.
Costs of Living.
Putting It All Together.
Retirement Contacts and Place Finder.