Synopses & Reviews
Fun and easy robot projects!
Discover how simple it is to build a working robot from scratch--using toys you have lying around the house plus a little imagination. This easy-to-follow resource contains detailed materials lists and step-by-step explanations that show you how to complete a variety of exciting, creative, and inexpensive projects. Packed with helpful illustrations to walk you through every step of the building process and hundreds of photos showing these projects in action, this book is entertaining for the entire family.
Do more with your existing Erector set, LEGO® MINDSTORMSTM, home computer, and R/C car!
- Create a 4-wheeled robot with a collision arm that changes direction
- Create a set of robots that race through a track or obstacle course
- Build a combat arena and watch your robots bash each other with hammers
- Simulate a mini-Mars Pathfinder mission and blast a real model rocket hundreds of feet into the air
- Assemble your own remote-controlled videobot using an old R/C car and a digital camera
- Create an army of "virtual" combat robots with a free computer program
- Use a robotic arm to sort objects into multicolored piles
Convert everyday toys and objects from around the house into fun robots with a little imagination and this easy-to-use guide. Best-selling author Dave Johnson shows you how to create your own Mindstorm racer, radio-controlled robots, search and recovery robots, and much more -- no soldering required!
Table of Contents
Project 1: Robot Racers
Project 2:Collision Avoidance Bot
Project 3:MindStorms Combat Robots
Project 4:Your Own Mars Pathfinder
Project 5:Combat on the Computer Screen
Project 6:Remote-Controlled VideoBot
Project 7:The Robot Arm