Synopses & Reviews
Get in the game of fatherhood!
All new dads want to bond with their babies -- but how? With seventy-two safe, simple exercises, each illustrated with a fun photograph, Rookie Dad helps busy fathers make a real connection with their little ones -- and have a ball doing it!
- "Shake Hands with Dad" promotes motor coordination
- "Eyes on the Ball" boosts eye-tracking skills
- "Flashlight Tag" is fun at lights-out time
- "Crunch Time" helps baby learn balance while tightening Daddy's abs
- "Box Score" is a fantastic tool for bedtime,helping babies enjoy snug spaces
These and other age-appropriate activities, designed for the newborn to the twelve-month-old, help develop fundamental skills needed for sitting, crawling, walking, and more. They also plant the seeds for a lifelong love of sports and physical fitness. But all Baby knows is Dad is really fun to be with! Be a champion to the MVP in your life -- by sharing the joyful and unique approach to quality time illustrated in Rookie Dad.
Nationally renowned pediatric therapist Susan Fox offers 75 safe, simple exercises to help busy fathers get comfortable and make a lasting connection with their little ones in this one-of-a-kind, illustrated activity book. Photos.
About the Author
Susan Fox has been a licensed pediatric neurodevelopmental therapist for twenty-five years, and is currently director of the Pediatric Therapy Clinic in Seattle. The author of Baby Steps, Fox teaches workshops on child development, lectures at the University of Washington, and trains early childhood educators, therapists, nurses, and physicians.
Table of Contents
1. The Pregame Show
2. Game Time
Includes exercises from birth to three months
3. Touchdown: Getting Your Baby to Sleep
Includes exercises from birth to four months
4. The End Run: Surviving Those Dirty Diapers
Includes exercises from birth to twelve months
5. The Handoff: When Mom Leaves You Alone With the Baby Includes exercises from six weeks and upward
6. Road Games: How to Take Your Baby Out on the Town, Without Losing Your Mind
Includes exercises from birth upward
7. Surprise Moves: When Your Baby First Rolls Over
Includes exercises from four to eight months
8. Major League Milestone: When Your Baby Sits Up
Includes exercises from five to nine months
9. Up and Running! Your Baby Masters Crawling and Standing, and -- Finally -- Takes That First Step"
Includes exercises from six to eighteen months
10. A Whole New Ball Game: When Your Baby Turns One
Includes exercises from six months upward
Afterword "Dad's My Hero""
Appendix Baby's Behavior: What to Expect, When, and How to Deal with It"