Synopses & Reviews
The Rough Guide to Climate Change
is a complete, unbiased guide to one of the most pressing problems facing humanity. From the current situation and back ground science to the government sceptics and possible solutions, this book covers the whole subject.
The guide looks at:
- Visible symptoms of change from a warming planet
- How global warming works
- The evolution of our atmosphere over the last 4.5 billion years
- What computer simulations of climate reveal about our past, present, and future
- The sceptics: Who are they? What are their grounds for disagreeing with the crowd?
- Battle of the titans: The oil industry vs. the global commons
- Global warming in the media: A review of the last few decades
- Global solutions: What governments and scientists are doing to try and solve the problem
- Plus much, more.
The guide also includes lifestyle advice and tips for consumers who want to make a difference in tomorrows climate, and comes complete with a gloassary of websites for further information.
The Rough Guide to Climate Change gives the complete picture of the single biggest issue facing the planet. Cutting a swathe through scientific research and political debate, this completely updated 2nd edition lays out the facts and assesses the options- global and personal- for dealing with the threat of a warming world. The guide looks at the evolution of our atmosphere over the last 4.5 billion years and what computer simulations of climate change reveal about our past, present, and future. This updated edition includes new information from the 2007 report from the International Panel on Climate Change and an updated politics section to reflect post-Kyoto developments. Discover how rising temperatures and sea levels, plus changes to extreme weather patterns, are already affecting life around the world. The guide unravels how governments, scientists and engineers plan to tackle the problem and includes in-depth information and lifestyle tips about what you can do to help.