Synopses & Reviews
This intensive foundation course in German is designed for students with no previous knowledge of the language. Offering an original and distinctive approach to language learning, the course presents German within its cultural context and encourages both practical language skills and enhanced communicative strategies.
An answer key is supplied for all relevant exercises, and features of the course include:
- reading and listening texts as well as texts for closer analysis
- ?language focus? sections on grammar, ?test your knowledge? exercises and issues of style and social communication
- informative notes explaining cultural references
- lots of exercises, including revision of previously learnt vocabulary or language patterns.
Using authentic language throughout, the Routledge Intensive German Course takes students from beginner to intermediate level in one year. Progress is carefully structured, starting with simple grammar and working towards more complex points with the acquisition of a significant body of vocabulary, so ultimately enabling students to understand complex language patterns and express themselves fluently in a wide range of situations.
To perfect listening and pronunciation skills, audio materials are presented on accompanying CDs, available to order separately, and guidance for tutors, as well as links to related sites, is also available at: www.routledge.com/textbooks/0415253462
Designed for those with no previous knowledge of the language, this intensive course in German is lively, fast-paced, and provides students with a wide range of activities, taking them from beginner to intermediate level in one year.
Varied and rewarding, it is ideally suited to those students following a German language programme either as a specialist route, or as part of an institution-wide language programme designed for non-specialists.
Carefully structured and easy to follow, each chapter contains:
* initial details of the themes and grammatical structures to be covered
* a "Language Focus" section, with explanation of grammatical structures
* a "Language in Use" section, with exercises to test knowledge of the work covered in "Language Focus."
Providing an original and distinctive approach to language learning, the course also incorporates a basic grounding in German politics, society and current issues, allowing students to develop a sound understanding of German culture.
To perfect listening and pronunciation skills, audio materials are presented on accompanying CDs, and guidance for tutors, as well as links to related sites, is also available at: www.routledge.com/intensive/german