Synopses & Reviews
Easy, fast, delicious and healthy-New York Times best-selling author Sandra Lee shows you how!
Sensational speed and flavor with surprising health benefits
About the Author
Sandra Lee is an internationally acclaimed life and style expert and New York Times best-selling author. The premiere authority on Semi-Homemade« cooking, she uses quick and easy methods of food preparation where nothing is made from scratch, but everything tastes homemade.
Her unique approach combines smart shortcuts; fast, fabulous food; and savvy style ideas. It's showcased in Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, one of Food Network's highest-rated cooking shows. Sandra has also been featured on The View, Today, Entertainment Tonight, Extra, CNN, Fox News Live, and Good Day Live. She has appeared in numerous national publications including People, TIME, Newsweek, W Magazine, Brandweek, Better Homes and Gardens«, Gourmet, Ladies' Home Journal, Family Circle, Good Housekeeping and more.
- More than 150 fast, easy, healthful recipes combine fresh foods with great-tasting lower-calorie and reduced-fat convenience products.
- A reader-friendly introduction explains how "power foods" like berries, fresh greens, fruits and vegetables, and heart-healthy fats offer surprising health benefits.
- Recipes feature smart ingredients like lean turkey, heart-healthy salmon, whole-grain couscous, vitamin-packed sweet potatoes, and fiber-rich black beans.
- Deceptively delicious desserts range from airy angel food cakes and fruit-filled delights to chocolate treats that are rich in antioxidants and low in fat.
- Complete nutrient analysis with each recipe so readers can keep track of fat, calories, sodium, fiber, and protein, as well as vitamins A and C, calcium and iron.
- Gorgeous color photos of each recipe.
- Facts and Trends
- Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee is one of the most popular cooking shows on Food Network, reaching more than 88 million people.1
- Consumer interest in Semi-Homemade cookbooks is strong with nearly 700,000 in print since Meredith started publishing her cookbooks in August 2005. 2
- Several other Food Network chefs have succeeded with "light and healthy" cookbooks, especially those featuring recipes that are quick and easy to prepare.
- Today's superior convenience products make it easier than ever to cook healthful meals that taste homemade.
1Scripps Network, 2005
2 Meredith Proprietary Data, 6/27/06.
Enjoying great-tasting home-cooked food that's also good for you has never been so simple. For less than the cost of a dinner out, this new cookbook from Food Network star and best-selling author Sandra Lee will inspire you to re-think the way you cook. Her unique Semi-Homemade(r) cooking formula combines 70 percent ready-made and 30 percent fresh ingredients for fast, delicious results. Learn how to make the most of heart-healthy foods and smart ingredients like lean turkey, salmon, whole grain couscous, vitamin-packed sweet potatoes, and other “power foods.” Includes more than 140 quick, easy and healthful recipes, plus gorgeous color photos of every recipe.
About the Author
Sandra Lee is an internationally acclaimed Lifestylist(r) and New York Times bestselling author. She is the premiere authority of Semi-Homemade(r) cooking—a quick and easy method of food preparation where nothing is made from scratch, but everything tastes homemade. Her unique approach combines smart shortcuts; fast, fabulous food; and savvy style ideas. It's showcased in Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, one of Food Network's highest-rated cooking shows. Sandra has been featured on The View, Today, Entertainment Tonight, Extra, CNN, Fox News Live, and Good Day Live. She has also appeared in numerous national publications including, People, TIME, Newsweek, W Magazine, Brandweek, Better Homes and Gardens(r), Gourmet, Ladies Home Journal, Family Circle, Good Housekeeping and more.
Table of Contents
Acknowledgment and Dedication.
Letter from Sandra.
Super Foods and Flavors.
Super fruits and Vegetables.
Grains Are Good.
The facts on Fat.
Ten Simple Steps to a Healthier Life.
Chapter 1. Breakfasts and Smoothies.
Chapter 2. Starters and Snacks.
Chapter 3. Salads and Soups.
Chapter 4. Pastas and Pizzas.
Chapter 5. Vegetarian.
Chapter 6. Fish and Seafood.
Chapter 7. Poultry.
Chapter 8. Meat.
Chapter 9. Sides and Accompaniments.
Chapter 10. Desserts.