Synopses & Reviews
- Each chapter focuses on a unique timesaving shortcut, with irresistible recipes that use Sandra's approach of 70% prepared foods and 30% homemade.
- Pantry Shortcut Solutions-easy meals made from a Semi-Homemade pantry.
- Dolled-Up Deli Dishes-a stop at the deli and a few fresh flourishes make extra-easy meals.
- Fix N' Freeze-the freezer is the ticket to a stash of ready-to-savor meals.
- Real Quick Rotisserie Chicken-a dozen quick recipe ideas that start with purchased rotisserie chicken.
- Cook Once, Eat Thrice-one main recipe makes three leftover creations.
- Quick Fix Holiday-easy main dishes perfect for those folks who don't want to cook an entire turkey as well as sides for stove top, microwave, and oven.
- Bakery Embellishments-bakery fix-ups for those days when time is short but a sweet treat is a must!
- Enticing color photos with each recipe show just how tempting Semi-Homemade recipes
Savory suppers and budget-minded meals that taste like they're made from scratch
- More than 130 budget-friendly recipes, including main courses, side dishes, snacks, and starters
- Simple weeknight timesaving strategies, such as cook-once-eat-thrice and fix-and-freeze recipes
- Sensational tips and hints to save you time and money with supermarket convenience foods
About the Author
Sandra Lee is CEO of Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, a multimedia company focused on quick and simple solutions for everyday living. She began her career in home decorating by creating the highest selling do-it-yourself home decorating line of its time, Kurtain Kraft. The success catapulted the acclaimed Life and Style expert into publishing and television. With 17 books to her credit, she is a New York Times best-selling author and the popular television host of Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee on the Food Network. SemiHomemade.com receives 55 million hits annually and is home to a popular online club membership of Semi-Homemakers. She is a popular guest expert for Fox News Channel and many national TV shows including Good Morning America and Weekend Today and has appeared as the cover celebrity on many national magazines including Ladies' Home Journal, TV Guide, Family Circle, and Woman's World. Sandra is the national spokesperson for Share Our Strength and its annual Great American Bake Sale. She is a founding member of the Los Angeles chapter of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF and has served on the board of trustees for Project Angel Food. Sandra is a generous supporter of God's Love We Deliver and the Central Park Conservancy. She is a participant in Harvard Business School's annual Women's Entrepreneurships Conference.
Table of Contents
Letter from Sandra.
Dinner from the Deli.
Must-Haves in Produce.
Stock Your Shelves.
Sandra's Basic Pantry List.
Chapter 1. Perfect Pantry Shortcuts.
Chapter 2. Dolled-Up Deli Delights.
Chapter 3. Real-Quick Rotisserie Chicken.
Chapter 4. Fix It and Freeze It.
Chapter 5. Cook Once, Eat Thrice.
Chapter 6. Lavish Leftovers.
Chapter 7. Sweet Solutions.
Chapter 8. Quick-Fix Holiday.
Chapter 9. Party Pairings.
Chapter 10. Brilliant Bakery Embellishments.