Synopses & Reviews
He's made millions of dollars selling screenplays. Now one of Hollywood's most successful spec screenwriters tells all in this fast, funny and candid look inside the movie business. Save the Cat
is just one of many ironclad rules for making your ideas more marketable and your script more satisfying and saleable, including:
- The four elements of every winning logline
- The seven immutable laws of screenplay physics
- The 10 genres that every movie ever made can be categorized by and why they're important to your script
- Why your Hero must serve your Idea
- Mastering the Beats
- Creating the "Perfect Beast" by using...The Board
- And how to get back on track with proven rules for script repair
This ultimate insider's guide reveals the secrets that none dare admit, told by a show biz veteran whos proven that you can sell your script if you can save the cat.
"This is no doubt the one book that will do more to help you achieve success and get your two-brad-bound puppy through the door than any other I've read so far. And believe me, folks, I've read them all." Absolutewrite.com
This ultimate insider's guide reveals the secrets that none dare admit, told by a show biz veteran who's proven that you can sell your script if you can save the cat!
About the Author
Snyder, who lives in Los Angeles, has sold dozens of scripts, including co-writing Blank Check that became a hit for Disney and Nuclear Family for Steven Spielberg both million-dollar sales.