Synopses & Reviews
OVER 30 MILLION SOLD
Master the fundamentals of computer networking with Schaum's--the high-performance study guide. It will help you cut study time, hone problem-solving skills, and achieve your personal best on exams and projects!
Students love Schaum's Outlines because they produce results. Each year, hundreds of thousands of students improve their test scores and final grades with these indispensable study guides.
Get the edge on your classmates. Use Schaum's!
If you don't have a lot of time but want to excel in class, this book helps you:
- Use detailed examples to solve problems
- Brush up before tests
- Find answers fast
- Study quickly and more effectively
- Get the big picture without poring over lengthy textbooks
Schaum's Outlines give you the information your teachers expect you to know in a handy and succinct format--without overwhelming you with unnecessary jargon. You get a complete overview of the subject. Plus, you get plenty of practice exercises to test your skill. Compatible with any classroom text, Schaum's let you study at your own pace and remind you of all the important facts you need to remember--fast! And Schaum's are so complete, they're perfect for preparing for graduate or professional exams.
Inside, you will find:
- Key concepts, principles, and terminology of computer networks
- Diverse components of networks and their interaction
- Explanations of network protocols and applications (e-mail, www, LAN, WAN)
- Essential concepts behind professional certifications--Cisco, Lucent, Nortel, Microsoft, Novell, and more!
If you want top grades and a thorough understanding of computer networking, this powerful study tool is the best tutor you can have!
- Networking Terminology and Concepts
- Networking Models and Standards
- Networking Topologies and Technologies
- Network Data Transmission
- A Hierarchy of Networking Devices
- Packet Switching
- Networking Protocols
- Network Addressing
- Network Routing and Internets
- Flow Control and Traffic Management
- Network Management
- Network Security
- LAN Performance
- Networked Applications and Services
- Appendix A: Glossary of Networking Terms and Abbreviations
- Appendix B: Important Internet and Networking Standards Bodies
- Appendix C: Online Networking Resources • Appendix D: Binary Arithmetic and IP Address Calculation
- Appendix E: Bibliography
Related Titles in
Computer Graphics, 2nd Ed.
Data Structures with C++
Essential Computer Mathematics
Fundamentals of Computing with C++
Fundamentals of SQL Programming
Introduction to Computer Science
Microprocessor Fundamentals, 2nd Ed.
Programming with Basic
Programming with C, 2nd Ed.
Programming with C++, 2nd Ed.
Programming with FORTRAN 77
Programming with FORTRAN 90
Programming with Java
Programming with Modern Structured COBOL, 2nd Ed.
Programming with Pascal, 2nd Ed.
Programming with Structured Basic, 4th Ed.
Schaum's Outline of Computer Networking introduces the underlying concepts, principles, and terminology of computer networks. Covering the full scope of material taught in computer networking courses, this problem-solved approach presents the different components of a network and shows how these components fit together as well as explaining the varied harmonizing functions needed for the interconnection of many heterogeneous computer networks.
This guide introduces the concepts, principles and terminology of computer networking. The problems featured are based on real-life situations and are aimed at demonstrating the various networking protocols. Information is also provided on implementing LANs, WANs, intranets, and Internetworks.
About the Author
Ed Tittel is a 20-year computing industry veteran who also teaches networking and Web topics for Austin Community College and at Interop.