Synopses & Reviews
- Complete coverage of material in 100-level Astronomy courses
- Clear explanations of all the concepts and applications
- Perfect for college students, high school students, and backyard enthusiasts
Use with these courses:
- Introduction to Astronomy
- The Astronomical Universe
- Celestial Navigation
- Introduction to Astrophysics
- Planetary Systems
- Formation of Stars and Planets
OVER 30 MILLION SOLD
Master the fundamentals of astronomy with Schaum'sthe high-performance study guide. It will help you cut study time, hone problem-solving skills, and achieve your personal best on exams and projects!
Students love Schaum's Outlines because they produce results. Each year, hundreds of thousands of students improve their test scores and final grades with these indispensable study guides.
Get the edge on your classmates. Use Schaum's!
If you don't have a lot of time but want to excel in class, this book helps you:
- Use detailed examples to solve problems
- Brush up before tests
- Find answers fast
- Study quickly and more effectively
- Get the big picture without poring over lengthy textbooks
Schaum's Outlines give you the information your teachers expect you to know in a handy and succinct formatwithout overwhelming you with unnecessary jargon. You get a complete overview of the subject. Plus, you get plenty of practice exercises to test your skill. Compatible with any classroom text, Schaum's let you study at your own pace and remind you of all the important facts you need to rememberfast! And Schaum's are so complete, they're perfect for preparing for graduate or professional exams.
Inside, you will find:
- Overview of all the material covered in Astronomy 101
- Concise explanations of relevant terms and concepts
- More than 200 problems with step-by-step solutions
- Detailed graphics and charts designed to complement astronomy textbooks
If you want top grades and a thorough understanding of astronomy, this powerful study tool is the best tutor you can have!
- Physics Facts
- The Sky and Telescopes
- Terrestrial Planets
- Jovian Planets and Their Satellites
- The Interstellar Medium and Star Formation
- Main-Sequence Stars and the Sun
- Stellar Evolution
- Stellar Remnants (White Dwarfs, Neutron Stars, and Black Holes)
- Galaxies and Clusters
Related Titles in Schaum's Outlines Physics/Mathematics
Applies Physics, 3rd ed.
Basic Mathematics with Applications to Science and Technology, 2nd ed.
Beginning Physics I
Beginning Physics II
College Physics, 9th ed.
Modern Physics, 2nd ed.
Physical Science, 2nd ed.
Physics for Engineering and Science
Confusing Textbooks? Missed Lectures? Not Enough Time?
Fortunately for you, there's Schaum's Outlines. More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum's to help them succeed in the classroom and on exams. Schaum's is the key to faster learning and higher grades in every subject. Each Outline presents all the essential course information in an easy-to-follow, topic-by-topic format. You also get hundreds of examples, solved problems, and practice exercises to test your skills.
This Schaum's Outline gives you
- Practice problems with full explanations that reinforce knowledge
- Coverage of the most up-to-date developments in your course field
- In-depth review of practices and applications
Fully compatible with your classroom text, Schaum's highlights all the important facts you need to know. Use Schaum's to shorten your study time-and get your best test scores!
Schaum's Outlines-Problem Solved.
About the Author
Stacy Palen, Ph.D. (Seattle, WA) teaches astronomy at the University of Washington. The curriculum she developed there for Astronomy 101 (Introductory Astronomy) and Astronomy 150 (The Planets) has since been adopted at many universities, including U.C. Berkeley, University of Virginia, and the University of Oregon.