Synopses & Reviews
Aikido is the Way of Peace, a martial art aimed at harmonizing body and spirit with the natural forces of the universe. In this book, John Stevens explores the hidden teachings and deeper dimensions of Aikido, especially its spiritual wisdom as taught by its Founder, Morihei Ueshiba. The book explores:
- Practices for the purification of mind and body
- The tantric dimensions of Aikido, unifying masculine and feminine
- The Aikido science of sound and how it parallels the use of mantras and similar practices in other spiritual disciplines
- Breathing techniques for calming the spirit and returning to the source of life
- The six pillars of Aikido: physical techniques based on spiritual principles that link us to a higher realm of being
Aikido harmonizes the body and spirit with natural forces and universal laws, this work explores the hidden secrets and spiritual aspects of Aikido. It also covers the Tantric dimension of Aikido, the Aikido science of sound, and the six spiritual pillars of Aikido.
About the Author
John Stevens is Professor of Buddhist Studies and Aikido instructor at Tohoku Fukushi University in Sendai, Japan. He is the author or translator of over twenty books on Buddhism, Zen, Aikido, and Asian culture. He has practiced and taught Aikido all over the world.