Synopses & Reviews
Unnerved by the ceaseless demands of your toddler? Concerned that your two-year-old isnt developing on schedule? You clearly need to spend some time with Tracy Hogg. Nicknamed the “baby whisperer” by grateful parents because of her extraordinary gift for understanding and connecting with children, Tracy became internationally famous after the smashing success of her New York Times
bestseller Secrets of the Baby Whisperer
. Now Tracy is back with the same winning blend of common sense and uncanny intuition.
Starting with the simple but essential premise that there is no such thing as a “typical” child, Tracy guides you through her unique programs, including
• H.E.L.P. (Hold back, Explain, Limit, Praise): the mantra that will remind you of the four elements that are critical to fostering your childs growth and independence, while at the same time keeping him safe.
• Using T.L.C. (Talk, Listen, Clarify) to communicate with your toddler, to figure out what she is really thinking, and to best help her express herself.
• R&R: Routines and Rituals that give structure and predictability to daily life and a sense of continuity to holidays and special occasions.
• Rehearsals for Change: ways of preparing your toddler for new experiences by encouraging her to practice her skills in the safe, controlled setting of your family.
• Conscious Discipline: a way of teaching your toddler how to behave and manage his emotions, while being mindful of the lessons you teach with your own behavior.
Practical, reassuring, and written with wit and energy and boundless enthusiasm for real children and their everyday behavior, this book will be your constant companion during the magical, challenging toddler years.
Now in paperback--the must-have manual for toddlers. Following up her bestselling "Secrets of a Baby Whisperer, " Hogg presents this indispensable guide to toddlerhood, providing parents with the tools they need to communicate with their children.
About the Author
is a British-trained nurse, lactation educator and newborn consultant with over twenty years experience. Her uncanny ability to understand and calm babies led to her nickname “the Baby Whisperer.” In 1995, she founded Baby Technique, through which she consults with parents individually, and organizes and teaches group classes. She lives in Los Angeles and is the mother of two daughters. You can visit her Web site at www.babywhisperer.com.
Melinda Blau is an award-winning journalist specializing in family and health topics. She is the author of ten other books and countless magazine articles. The mother of two grown children, she lives in Northampton, Massachusetts.
From the Hardcover edition.