Synopses & Reviews
Get noticed... and get ahead
All too often, introverts get passed over for job offers and promotions while their more extroverted colleagues get all of the recognition. But it doesn't have to be this way.
In Self-Promotion for Introverts®, business communication coach and intrepid introvert Nancy Ancowitz helps introverts tap into their quiet strengths, articulate their accomplishments, and launch an action plan for gaining career advancement. You will learn how to:
- Promote yourself without bragging when networking, on job interviews, and at work
- Use your quiet gifts (writing, researching, and listening) to your advantage
- Be a commanding presenter, despite your quieter nature
- Formulate your best plans, set goals, take action and even find a better job
Featuring exclusive advice from Warren Buffett, Bill Clinton, Hearst Magazines president Cathie Black, and marketing guru Seth Godin, Self-Promotion for Introverts® helps you progress inward, outward, and onward.
"Filled with tips....The author's tone is supportive and she does not argue that introverts should become live wires" The New York Times
"Best Books 2009" Publishers Weekly
"Must-read fall books for IT execs" CIO Insight
"Self-Promotion for Introverts® is a primer on...helping 'quiet sorts' assert themselves by using their inherent tendencies in the most effective ways." Fort Myers Florida Weekly
"Make Nancy's book your bible for crafting a plan to get the recognition you deserve."
Liz Lynch, author of Smart Networking
"Ancowitz's book is not only a valuable resource for introverts who want to raise their profile in business and career, it also provides some effective behavioral insights for those who might consider themselves more on the extrovert side of the spectrum."
The Business Source
"Offers a solid dose of practical advice — alongside humorous anecdotes — for introverts to assert themselves by using their inherent tendencies in the most effective ways....Written in a practical, precise, and smart way, Ancowitz shows introverts how to take advantage of the unique qualities and strengths they can offer, but also how to network, build visibility, have a memorable impact on others, speak publicly, interview effectively, own their own strengths, and much more....One important thing to note is that the book is not about teaching an introvert to become an extrovert. The aim of the book is not to change people to be something they are not, but rather to refine them into the strongest versions of what they already are." Positive Psychology News Daily
The first book to focus on helping introverts connect with and articulate their strengths and passions, ultimately leading them to a more satisfying and successful work life.
About the Author
Nancy Ancowitz is the creator of the popular Self-Promotion for Introverts® workshop, which she offers at New York University. Her coaching clients range from CEOs to emerging leaders in the business and creative worlds. Ancowitz lives in New York City.
Table of Contents
1. Your Negative Self-Talk: Tuning Out U-SUCK Radio
2. Your Strengths: Tuning In U-ROCK Radio
3. Your Game Plan: Creating a Winning Marketing Mix
4. Your Target Audience: Going Inward and Reaching Outward
5. Your Network: Expanding Your Sphere of Influence
6. Your Chalk Talk: Public Speaking for Private People
7. Your Job Search: Interviewing for Introverts
8. Your Opposite: The World According to Jo(e) Extrovert