Synopses & Reviews
Sesame Street's fun, kid-friendly guide to baking!
B is for Baking presents 50 nutritious and fun recipes for foods you bake at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus snack time and special occasions. These recipes are perfect for getting kids involved in the kitchen with special kids steps children can do on their own.
Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, and their friends help out with educational tidbits on nutrition, math, and geography, so the kitchen isn't just for cooking but for fun learning, too!
- 50 nutritious recipes kids can help make, including muffins, breads, turnovers, pot pies, cookies, cakes, and more
- "Kids!" steps in every recipe give the little ones fun ways to help out in the kitchen
- Full-color photos throughout
- From Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization that revolutionized children's television with the landmark show Sesame Street
With colorful photos, tasty recipes, and plenty of opportunities for learning, B is for Baking is the perfect way to cook up some fun in the kitchen!
- Highly illustrated 4-color recipe book.
- Features 50 recipes for parents to make for, or with, their young children.
- Recipes will feature many foods that are baked including muffins, quickbreads, pizzas, and other mealtime dishes as well as goodies such as cookies, cakes and pies for birthdays, bake sales, and special occasions.
- Nutrition advice in headnotes and/or tips, and nutrition analysis for each recipe.
- Every recipe features a color photo.
- Photos and illustrations of Elmo, Oscar, Cookie Monster and other characters are featured throughout the book.
- Parent-Child activities: Every recipe will feature one or more "Kid's" icons in the directions, which are suggestions for what young children can do. Throughout the book there are other simple activities parents and kids can do together to make cooking fun and educational.
Discover how muchfun baking can be with help from the Sesame Street gang!
Find 50 simple and fun recipes for everythingfrom pancakes to pizza, from quiche to cakes andcookies . . . and much more!
Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, and moreof your favorite friends from Sesame Street introduce the recipes and share food facts, letter and number activities, and other baking fun.
Every recipe includes several "kids!" steps to getchildren involved in the kitchen.
About the Author
SESAME WORKSHOP is the non-profit educational organization behind Sesame Street, the landmark television program that reaches millions of children every day in more than 150 countries. Delivered through a variety of platforms, Sesame Workshop develops research-based content - including television programs, books, games, mobile apps and community engagmeent initiatives - that supports early childhood learning, helps prepare children for school, and addresses developmental needs.
Since 2004, Sesame Workshop has led a Healthy Habits for Life campaign. Through episodes, products, and public service announcements, Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby and other Sesame Street friends encourage kids to try healthy foods and exercise.
In March 2014, First Lady Michelle Obama announced a collaboration of Sesame Workshop, Produce Marketing Association (PMA), and the Partnership for a Healtheir America (PHA) in a two-year agreement to help promote fresh fruit and vegetable consumption to kids.
The Sesame Street social network continues to grow with over 17 million Facebook fans and 832K+ Twitter followers, plus an expanding presence on Tumblr, Instagram, Vine, and Pinterest.SUSAN MCQUILLAN is a nutritionist and food writer who has written extensively about healthy eating. She has contributed many articles and recipes to magazines such as Woman's Day, Family Circle, American Healthy, Prevention, and Cooking Light.
Table of Contents
Quick Breads and Biscuits.
Main Dishes and Sides.
Puddings and Pies.
Cookies and Bars.
Celebration Cupcakes and Cakes.
About the Authors.