Synopses & Reviews
Introducing your kids to cooking is easy-with a little help from the Sesame Street gang. This special anniversary edition of Sesame Street's classic "C" is for Cooking is packed with tasty recipes from Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, and friends, plus brand-new recipes from celebrity chefs to celebrate forty years of fun on the Street.
- Includes more than 55 delicious recipes that kids and parents can make together, plus fun food and cooking games and activities
- Filled with tasty dishes that appeal to young, picky eaters, such as Grover's Little & Adorable Chicken Nuggets and Rosita's Tortilla Soup
- Features 16 pages of simple, kid-friendly recipes and activities from celebrity chefs like Mark Bittman and Emeril Lagasse
- Filled with full-color photos and illustrations, plus food facts that engage children and encourage them to try new things
- Comes with a sheet of reusable stickers of foods, characters, numbers, and words
With recipes for drinks, breakfasts, lunches, soups, dinners, side dishes, and sweets and treats, Sesame Street "C" is for Cooking is sure to be a hit with adults and kids.
Introduce YOUR kidsto cooking...
with help from the Sesame Street gang!
- Find more than 55 simple, tasty recipes for healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and sweets and treats.
- Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover, Ernie and Bert,Oscar the Grouch, Abby Cadabby, and more ofyour favorite friends from Sesame Street introducethe recipes and share food facts, letter and numberactivities, and other cooking fun.
- All recipes include one or more "kids!" steps toget children involved in the kitchen.
- NEW! Features recipes from TV chefs Lidia Bastianich, Mark Bittman, Alton Brown, Emeril Lagasse, Jamie Oliver, Rachael Ray, Marcus Samuelsson, and Martha Stewart.
- NEW! Includes a sheet of reusable stickers to make learning about food and cooking even more fun.
"Celebrating 40 years 123 Sesame Street" -- cover.
About the Author
SUSAN MCQUILLAN is a nutritionist and food writer who has written extensively about healthy eating. She has contributed many articles and recipes to magazines such as Woman's Day, Family Circle, American Healthy, Prevention, and Cooking Light.
SESAME WORKSHOP is the non-profit educational organization behind Sesame Street, the landmark television program that reaches millions of children every day in more than 150 countries. Delivered through a variety of platforms, Sesame Workshop develops research-based content - including television programs, books, games, mobile apps and community engagmeent initiatives - that supports early childhood learning, helps prepare children for school, and addresses developmental needs.
Since 2004, Sesame Workshop has led a Healthy Habits for Life campaign. Through episodes, products, and public service announcements, Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby and other Sesame Street friends encourage kids to try healthy foods and exercise.
In March 2014, First Lady Michelle Obama announced a collaboration of Sesame Workshop, Produce Marketing Association (PMA), and the Partnership for a Healtheir America (PHA) in a two-year agreement to help promote fresh fruit and vegetable consumption to kids.
The Sesame Street social network continues to grow with over 17 million Facebook fans and 832K+ Twitter followers, plus an expanding presence on Tumblr, Instagram, Vine, and Pinterest.
Table of Contents
Before You Begin.
Lunches to Munch On.
Something Special on the Side.
Sweets & Treats.
Celebrity Chef Recipes.