Synopses & Reviews
SharePoint 2010 Site Owner's Manual teaches you what SharePoint 2010 is all about and how to get started using it. The book also includes step-by-step scenarios for implementing real-world scenarios. You will learn how to build powerful sites leveraging SharePoint's out-of-the-box functionality along with other helpful tools such as InfoPath, Access, and SharePoint Designer. About this Book
This book is a guide for business users without programming skills who want to build their own SharePoint sites. With it, you'll learn how to set up document sharing, trackable workflows, and many other business applications. You'll go step-by-step through real-world scenarios like content management, business intelligence, sharing information on the web, and search. Along the way, you'll learn how to interact with other business tools like Access, InfoPath, and SharePoint Designer.
This book is designed for SharePoint users who want to become tech-savvy in configuring SharePoint's out-of-the-box functionality. No programming or system administration experience is required.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book. What's Inside
- Go from user to power user
- Build on out-of-the-box features
- Customize your SharePoint site
Table of Contents
PART 1 GETTING STARTED WITH SHAREPOINT
- Leveraging the power of SharePoint
- A deeper dive into SharePoint capabilities
- Creating sites using site and list templates
PART 2 IMPLEMENTATIONS USING REAL-WORLD SCENARIOS
- Setting up a document collaboration site
- Leveraging enterprise content management features
- Publishing information to the web
- Empowering users with business intelligence
- Creating application sites with SharePoint Designer
- Collecting and managing data by integrating with InfoPath
- Reporting and web applications using Access
- Pulling it all together with search, My Sites, and cross-site functionality
SharePoint is Microsoftâ€™s platform for collaborative web sites. From content management to community-building, SharePoint helps organizations share information and work together.
SharePoint 2010 Site Ownerâ€™s Manual is designed especially for non-developers who need to create and maintain SharePoint sites. The approaches are simple enough that a tech savvy business user can follow along without having to understand how to program. The author then discusses how to implement governance across multiple sites to ensure proper use and to establish relationships that will tie it all together into a cohesive solution.
About the Author
Yvonne Harryman is a Senior Consultant II with Microsoft specializing in SharePoint technologies since 2003. She has implemented SharePoint Information Systems for many prominent clients. She is very active in the community, presenting at various conferences and user groups, serving as lead Microsoft coordinator for the Community Kit for SharePoint open source initiative, and co-authoring SharePoint articles that can be found on MSDN.