Synopses & Reviews
A market leader in previous editions, this book continues to offer a complete survey of continuous and discrete linear systems. It utilizes a systems approach to solving practical engineering problems, rather than using the framework of traditional circuit theory. Numerous examples from circuit theory appear throughout, however, to illustrate the various systems techniques introduced. The Fourth Edition has been thoroughly updated to effectively integrate the use of computers and to accurately reflect the latest theoretical advances.
Table of Contents
1. Signal and System Modeling Concepts.
2. System Modeling and Analysis in the Time Domain.
3. The Fourier Series.
4. The Fourier Transform and Its Applications.
5. The Laplace Transformation.
6. Applications of the Laplace Transform.
7. State-Variable Techniques.
8. Discrete-Time Signals and Systems.
9. Analysis and Design of Digital Filters.
10. The Discrete Fourier Transform and Fast Fourier Transform Algorithms.
Appendix A: Comments and Hints on Using MATLAB.
Appendix B: Functions of a Complex Variable—Summary of Important Definitions and Theorems.
Appendix C: Matrix Algebra.
Appendix D: Analog Filters.
Appendix E: Mathematical Tables.
Appendix F: Answers to Selected Problems.
Appendix G: Index of MATLAB Functions Used.