Synopses & Reviews
Simulation with Arena
provides a comprehensive treatment of simulation using industry-standard Arena software. The text starts by having the reader develop simple high-level models, and then progresses to advanced modeling and analysis. Statistical design and analysis of simulation experiments is integrated with the modeling chapters, reflecting the importance of mathematical modeling of these activities.
An informal, tutorial writing style is used to aid the beginner in fully understanding the ideas and topics presented. The academic version of Arena and example files are available through the book's website.
Verified instructors can also download a 30-seat site license of Arena for use in their course.
Table of Contents
1. What Is Simulation?
2. Fundamental Simulation Concepts
3. A Guided Tour Through Arena
4. Modeling Basic Operations and Inputs
5. Modeling Detailed Operations
6. Statistical Analysis of Output from Terminating Simulations
7. Intermediate Modeling and Steady-State Statistical Analysis
8. Entity Transfer
9. A Sampler of Further Modeling Issues and Techniques
10. Arena Integration and Customization
11. Continuous and Combined Discrete/Continuous Models
12. Further Statistical Issues
13. Conducting Simulation Studies Appendix A: A Functional Specification for The Washington Post Appendix B: A Refresher on Probability and Statistics Appendix C: Arenas Probability Distributions Appendix D: Academic Software Installation Instructions