Synopses & Reviews
- Search the web, schedule appointments, and set reminders
- Use your voice to create texts, e-mails, and Facebook posts
- Find movie times and watch trailers
- Make restaurant reservations, check sports scores, and more
Siri is utterly awesome! Make the most of her skills with the advice in this book She's such a charmer, that Siri! Here's how to use your voice-activated assistant to help you review texts and e-mails, take dictation, navigate city streets, find the nearest Chinese restaurant and reserve a table, and get the weather report, sports scores, movie times, and more. Learn all the ways Siri can get you organized, entertain you, and save you time.
- Organize your life let Siri schedule your appointments, move them, keep you on time, and sync your calendar with other devices
- Never be lost get turn-by-turn directions to an address across town or across the country
- Get reviews let Siri help you choose a movie or find great sushi within your budget
- Take a letter dictate your e-mail or text messages and have Siri send them
- Find answers ask Siri to define a word, solve a math problem, or tell you who won the game
- Social Siri post to Facebook®, send tweets, and find your friends with Siri
Open the book and find:
- How Siri understands your natural speech
- The many ways Siri can speed up mundane tasks
- How to launch your favorite apps with Siri
- Help setting location-based reminders
- Ways Siri can entertain you
- All about web-searching with Siri
- How to make Siri your DJ
- Tips for adding punctuation to your texts and e-mails
- Tips for getting walking directions and finding landmarks and other points of interest
- What the book covers: Siri is all about knowing what you can ask, what Siri can do for you, and how to get Siri to do it for you. The book starts out with a look at getting organized with Siri, including setting calendars, reminders, alarms, and taking notes. Then the book tells you how to use Siri on the go for navigation, weather reports, and to find restaurants. Siri is also a dictation device that allows you to create text messaging and e-mail, as well as have Siri make phone calls for you. Siri can look stuff up in a dictionary or on the web, which is convenient when you’re driving. You can also get stock quotes via Siri, and let Siri enter numbers into a calculator and give you the answer. Find out how to ask Siri to find music for you to listen to or how to use Siri with social networking applications such as Facebook or Twitter. Make dinner reservations, check sports scores and schedules, check out movie reviews, get turn-by-turn driving directions, and much more!
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for more than seventeen years.
Find out what Siri's got up her sleeve with this fun and friendly guide!
Who couldn't use a little extra help these days? Answers, information, reminders, and all sorts of additional help are only a verbal query away with Siri, the artificial intelligence personal assistant. Siri made her debut with the iPhone 4 and is now updated for iOS 6 as well as the third-generation iPad and she is ready to assist! This easy-to-understand guide walks you through the vast array of capabilities that Siri boasts, from creating texts and e-mails from dictation to getting directions to finding a restaurant in the area. You'll discover how to check the weather, get sports scores and schedules, look up a movie review, get Facebook and Twitter updates, make dinner reservations, and much more.
- Explains how to finesse the perfectly worded questions for Siri in order to get the most helpful and accurate answers
- Details how to have Siri make phone calls for you, look up information in a dictionary or on the web, or get music
- Walks you through using Siri to get stock quotes or enter numbers into a calculator and get an answer
- Shows you how to use Siri to set reminders and alarms, take notes, get turn-by-turn driving directions, and more
Just like Siri, the straightforward-but-fun Siri For Dummies is here to help you!
About the Author
Marc Saltzman has reported on the tech industry since 1996. A syndicated columnist for Gannett ContentOne, CNN.com, and USAToday.com, he hosts CNN's Gaming & Gadgets segment and Canada's popular Gear Guide.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting to Know Siri 5
Chapter 2: Using Siri to Organize Your Life 21
Chapter 3: Using Siri While on the Go 53
Chapter 4: Using Siri for Sports, Movies, and Restaurants (Oh, My!) 89
Chapter 5: Using Siri for E-Mail, Texting, and Phone Calls 117
Chapter 6: Getting the 4-1-1 153
Chapter 7: Having Fun with Siri: Music, Podcasts, Social Networking, and More 171
Chapter 8: Way More than Ten Ways to Have (Even More) Fun with Siri 201
Chapter 9: Ten Great Ways to Use Siri 229