Synopses & Reviews
Love Siri? This little book reveals all its awesomeness for you to enjoy!
What could be cooler than asking your iPhone® 4S questions and having it reply? This handy little book tells you all about using Siri, so you can get the most from your voice-activated personal assistant. Let Siri read you your messages, locate facts for you, direct you to the nearest sushi bar, and so much more!
Get organized have Siri keep your calendar, remind you of appointments, and check your messages
You are here let Siri give you directions, show you your destination, and provide the weather report
Let's play see how Siri can find and play your favorite tunes and help you post to Facebook and Twitter
iPad can hear you use your voice to write an e-mail, create a text, add a note, and more with iPad's new Voice Dictation feature
Open the book and find:
Tips for talking to your device for the best results
Advice on making Reminders more effective
Easy ways to locate a note
How Siri makes e-mailing and texting faster
Ways Siri can help you manage your time
How to make Siri your DJ
Fun things to ask Siri
Set reminders, alarms, and appointments using Siri
Create texts and e-mails, tweet, and post to Facebook®
Dictate to Siri, make phone calls, and search the web with your voice
- What the book covers: Siri is all about knowing what you can ask, what Siri can do for you, and how to get Siri to do it for you. The book starts out with a look at getting organized with Siri, including setting calendars, reminders, alarms, and taking notes. Then the book tells you how to use Siri on the go for navigation, weather reports, and to find restaurants. Siri is also a dictation device that allows you to create text messaging and e-mail, as well as have Siri make phone calls for you. Siri can look stuff up in a dictionary or on the web, which is convenient when you're driving. You can also get stock quotes via Siri, and let Siri enter numbers into a calculator and give you the answer. Find out how to ask Siri to find music for you to listen to or how to use Siri with social networking applications such as Facebook or Twitter. Finally, find out about funny questions to ask Siri and the many easter eggs that Apple put into Siri.
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for more than seventeen years.
Find out how to get the most out of Siri, your intelligent personal assistant for the popular iPhone 4S
Love Siri or looking to learn to more about iPhone's new virtual assistant? This book's for you!
What could be cooler than asking your iPhone 4S questions and having it reply? This handy little book shows you all the cool things Siri can do for you, so you can get the most from your iPhone’s voice-activated personal assistant. Let Siri read you your messages, locate facts, direct you to the nearest sushi bar, and so much more!
- Shows you how to use Siri to keep your calendar, remind you of appointments, and check your messages
- Explains using Siri to get directions, play your favorite music, make phone calls, search the web, and even provide the weather report
- Offers helpful tips on how to use your voice to write an e-mail, create a text, add a note, and more with Siri and the iPad's new Voice Dictation feature
- Explores some fun things to ask Siri and reveals some surprise Siri secrets
- Includes coverage of Siri for iPhone 4S and Voice Dictation for the new iPad
Siri For Dummies, Portable Edition is exactly what you need to make Siri work for you.
About the Author
Marc Saltzman has reported on the tech industry since 1996. A syndicated columnist for Gannett ContentOne, CNN.com, and USAToday.com, he hosts Gear Guide, CNN's Gaming & Gadgets, and Tech Talk with Marc Saltzman.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting to Know Siri 7
Chapter 2: Using Siri to Organize Your Life 21
Chapter 3: Using Siri while on the Go 43
Chapter 4: Using Siri for E-mail, Texting, and Phone Calls 63
Chapter 5: Getting the 4-1-197
Chapter 6: Having Fun with Siri: Music, Podcasts, Social Networking, and More 115
Chapter 7: Way More than Ten Ways to Have (Even More) Fun with Siri 141
Appendix: Voice Dictation for iPad 169