Synopses & Reviews
Skills for New Managers
provides proven tips to handle everyday management situationsall in a fast moving, easy-to-reference format.
Learning to manage is probably the most demanding, yet career-enhancing, on-the-job training you will ever have. Skills for New Managers will show you how to succeed and flourish as a manager. This succinct, highly focused model for effective management will help you master topics including:
- Hiringhow to uncover and hire people who will shine and make you look good
- Criticism and disciplinetips on how to carry out two of the most difficult, but essential, aspects of management
- Leadershipstrategies and behavior styles for mentoring, coaching, problem resolution, and more
Effective management skills can be learned. Skills for New Managers will give you everything you need to create your own management style, use that style to promote solid performance in your employees and take the next critical step in your climb up the career ladder.
About the Author
John Woods has been in publishing in numerous capacities for over 25 years. His career has evolved from working for publishers to working for himself. As the head of CWL Publishing Enterprises, he works with publishers to identify authors and work with those authors to develop various books, often also managing the production for the publisher. He has also become an author himself. As the packager, John will select authors, pending McGraw-Hill's approval of the choice, submit outlines of the manuscript for McGraw-Hill's approval, and will perform all of the packager duties on the books, providing McGraw-Hill with camera-ready copy.
Table of Contents
1. The Successful New Manager.
2. Piercing Six Myths of Management.
3. How to Build Momentum in a New Job.
4. Managing to Listen.
5. Speak Like a Leader.
6. The Art of Motivation.
7. Dishing Out Criticism.
8. Discipline That Pays Off.
9. The Organized Manager.
10. The Right Way to Delegate.
11. Managing the Boss.
12. Cultivating a Network.