Synopses & Reviews
Proven Techniques for Facing and Defeating Common Small Business Problems Before They Defeat Your Business
From raising capital and building a good workforce to finding and exploiting a market niche, certain problems have always plagued small business owners and managers, and often spelled the difference between success or failure. Small Business Solutions examines 13 of these commonly occurring obstacles, and provides you with the step-by-step answers you need to confront vital questions including:
- "How will I find the right customers, and get them to buy?"
- "Why can't I turn these frontline sales into bottom line profits?"
- "Where can I find the money I need to fuel my company's expansion?"
- "Which distribution channels will most effectively get me to the end users?"
- "When should I start giving up precious control to make room for further growth?"
While all businesses obviously face unique concerns and crises, the fact remains that many of these problems are remarkably similar and can be addressed in ways that have always worked. Small Business Solutions shows you how to foresee and address the 13 most fundamental of these questions, and provides you with the answers you need to overcome them at each step of the game on your way to building a viable, successful, and long-lasting enterprise.
Proven tools for solving today's most persistent entrepreneurial headaches--and keeping the focus on business growth
Operating a small business presents entrepreneurs with a continuing series of problems that need to be solved--and, usually, the smaller the business, the bigger the problems. Small Business Solutions focuses on 13 crises that crop up again and again in most small businesses, and details how entrepreneurs have identified and successfully solved them. As a longtime consultant to start-up businesses, Robert Hisrich has seen these solutions work in scores of small businesses, both in the United States and abroad. He divides Small Business Solutions into three categories--marketing, finance, and overall management--and provides market-proven solutions to problem areas in each:
- Sales & Marketing--Turning sales into profits, focusing a business
- Finance--Raising capital, monitoring and managing cash flow, valuing a business
- Management--Choosing the right partner, changing style as a business grows, and more
About the Author
Robert D. Hisrich, Ph.D. holds the A. Malachi Mixon III Chair in Entrepreneurial Studies at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. Director of start-up consultancy H&B Associates, Dr. Hisrich is the author of numerous books, including Entrepreneurship. He lives in Cleveland, Ohio.