Synopses & Reviews
What was Santa like as a child? Award-winning author/illustrator Jon Agee brings us the funny, playful answer in this Christmas picture booknow available as a board book.
Little Santa loves the North Pole. The rest of his family? Not so much. So, when they decide to move to Florida, Santa is miserable. Lucky for him, a blizzard foils their plans. The only way out of the house is up the chimney. Up goes Santa, to look for help, and along the way, he meets a reindeer and a large group of elves, who are more than eager to join in the rescue!
With the sly humor of Jon Klassen and the read-aloud pleasure of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the hardcover edition of Little Santa is already on its way to becoming a Christmas classic. Simple, bold illustrations and a smaller trim size make this board book edition the perfect way to share this story with Santa's littlest fans.
Praise for Little Santa:
An ALA Notable Book
A Booklist Editors' Choice Book
* "Agees lighthearted tone, sly jokes, and signature simple shapes . . . capture a joyful kid sharing his sense of wonder."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Make it a tradition!"—Booklist, starred review
* "His red suit and his smile make little Santa stand out in his glum family, and this amusing story stands out in a similar way as a cheerful, original Christmas tale."—Kirkus, starred review
* "Crisp storytelling, bold lines, and expert page turns make the book ideal for group sharing—and kids will be asking for it all year round."—Horn Book, starred review
* "The matter-of-fact style of the narrative pairs well with Agees signature humorous cartoon illustrations. No doubt this amusing explanation of Santas humble beginnings will be enthusiastically received at holiday storytimes."—School Library Journal, starred review
It's Christmas Eve and people are snug in their beds, but something is stirring outside. The snowmen are preparing to celebrate! Under the glow of moonlight, all the snow families are slipping away to gather in the town square for a night of caroling, dancing, and an exciting visit from the snowman Santa Claus.
This bestselling companion to Snowmen at Night and Snowmen All Year is perfect for little ones, especially now that it's available in a festive board book edition.
Now available in a board book edition, this "New York Times" bestseller features the ever-popular snowmen as they prepare to celebrate Christmas. Full color.
About the Author
The husband-and-wife team behind the best-selling Snowmen at Night
and Snowmen at Christmas
, Carolyn and Mark Buehner are also the creators of the award-winning Fanny’s Dream
. Upcoming collaborations include an original fairy tale about a lonely princess who decides to become a hairdresser. They live in Utah with their nine children.
The husband-and-wife team behind the best-selling Snowmen at Night and Snowmen at Christmas, Carolyn and Mark Buehner are also the creators of the award-winning Fanny’s Dream. Upcoming collaborations include an original fairy tale about a lonely princess who decides to become a hairdresser. They live in Utah with their nine children.