Synopses & Reviews
Get your business booming with Facebook, Twitter, and other social media — learn how now!
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube — social media is where your customers are, and where your business needs to have a solid presence. Learn how to stand out in the marketplace with this easy-to-use eLearning Kit! Find out what should go into your plan, key techniques for each site, how to analyze your results, and much more!
Learn what you need — find out what social authority is, why you want it, and how to use foundational accounts
All a-Twitter — see how to attract a Twitter audience and use Twitter lists and chat
Many ways to get social — explore Facebook business Pages, create a group on LinkedIn, and gain an audience on YouTube
Be where they are — take advantage of location-based marketing tools such as Groupon and LivingSocial
Figure your ROI — learn about built-in and custom tools for analyzing your success
Open and find:
How to develop a branded look
Tips for creating social press releases
All about advertising on different sites
Ways to help search engines find you
Hints for attracting new customers
How to set up a YouTube channel
Why to consider merging social media accounts
The difference between business ROI and social ROI
Includes CD-ROM and Online Course See inside for details!
Book, CD, or both — pick the way you learn best
Three hours of social media marketing instruction
Easy-to-follow format that lets you learn at your own pace
The For Dummies eLearning Kit lets you choose your ideal way to learn—from the book, the CD, or both!
Learn from a full-color, richly illustrated book
If you prefer to learn from a book, this one is perfect. Step-by-step instructions get you going, while clear definitions, hands-on tutorials, and progress assessments make learning social media marketing a snap.
The book includes:
Clear tutorials that cover creating and enacting your marketing plan
Lessons on using all major social media sites
Defined objectives, concept descriptions, and practice exercises
Learn interactively and see how it's done with the CD-ROM
If you like to see and hear instructions, the CD offers narrated steps, illustrations, animations, exercises, and resources. Eight lessons explain planning, working with each site, advertising, analysis, and more.
The CD-ROM includes:
Three hours of digital training in social media marketing
Integrated audio and video instruction
Easy navigation controls and progress-tracking features
The Social Media Marketing eLearning Kit For Dummies BOOK:
- Descriptive learning goals that clearly define chapter content and help learners determine whether the coverage matches the instruction they are seeking.
- Directed, but flexible, learning paths that readers can use to customize their learning experience. Readers can follow each chapter section, perform each chapter exercise, and take full advantage of the integrated CD material to receive a linear, multimedia learning experience. Or, readers can use the tried and tested Dummies Way to knowledge—by skipping around, selecting material, and pacing themselves to satisfy their learning goals.
- Clear, convenient navigation that enables learners to easily follow a linear learning path or jump to selected material from the book chapter, on the CD, or online.
- Tutorial pedagogy and multimedia tools that give learners hands-on involvement and learn by doing.
- Assessment mechanisms, including chapter summaries that offer additional practice exercises, concise descriptions of key concepts, and definitions of essential terms.
The Social Media Marketing eLearning Kit For Dummies CD:
- Integrated audio and video instruction and transcripts, including screencasts, illustrations, animations, and video, as well as transcripts of all CD material.
- Interactivity offers immediate reinforcement of applied learning.
- Progress tracking that gives learners the capability to track which lessons/exercises they've completed.
The Social Media Marketing eLearning Kit For Dummies KIT:
- An integrated learning experience with the book and CD teaming up to deliver a directed, but flexible eLearning system.
- A sense of community that comes from access to additional course material online, access to a variety of online courses available for other subjects, and interaction with a learning community or forum where they can share learning experiences.
Valuable kit teaches social media marketing to learners of all levels
If you want to master social media marketing, this valuable eLearning kit is just the ticket. This integrated course includes a full-color printed book and a Dummies interactive eLearning course on CD. You'll find a wealth of information and multiple ways to learn, including practice labs, videos, animation, numerous examples, and a host of Dummies hints and tips that make everything easier. Follow the material in order or jump in and out as you wish—you can learn at your own pace.
Helps self-motivated learners master social media marketing
- Includes an easy-to-follow, full-color book; an interactive Dummies eLearning Course on CD that corresponds with the book
- Highlights material with integrated audio and video instruction on CD that helps you learn via animations, screencasts, and more
- Allows you to follow the material sequentially or choose separate sections at your own time and pace
- Offers chapter summaries, practice exercises, discussions of concepts and essential terms, and much more
Social media marketing is a big topic and essential to today's marketplace. Get the skills and knowledge you need with Social Media Marketing eLearning Kit For Dummies.
CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase.
About the Author
Phyllis Khare is the Social Media strategist and a regular columnist for iPhone Life magazine. She is a dynamic speaker and trainer, and has been a featured guest on Social Media Examiner, eMarketingVids, and Social Media Manners Twitter Events. She is coauthor of Facebook Marketing All-in-One For Dummies.
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Social Media Marketing 7
Lesson 2: Creating Your Strategic Marketing and Management Plan 35
Lesson 3: Social Media Marketing on Twitter 67
Lesson 4: Social Media Marketing on Facebook 109
Lesson 5: Social Media Marketing on LinkedIn 141
Lesson 6: Social Media Marketing on YouTube 179
Lesson 7: Social Media Marketing with Geolocation and Location Platforms 223
Lesson 8: Analysis and Calculation: Figuring Your Social ROI 247
About the CD 271
End-User License Agreement 291