Synopses & Reviews
When products or services are hard to describe, intangible, have long sell cycles, or are expensive, chances are they're difficult to sell. In situations like this, conventional sales techniques not only don't help, they may in fact hinder success.
Solution Selling is a process to take the guesswork out of difficult-to-sell, intangible products and services. It enables sellers to make the way they sell as big an advantage as their product or service. After reading this book, salespeople and sales managers will be able to use a well-tested model that guides them through the process of selling. No more smoke and mirrors, blind luck, or high-pressure selling. Just a step-by-step system that ensures a higher rate of success for salespeople and a higher probability that the buyer's expectations will be met. Solution Selling shows how to:
- Differentiate yourself from your competition and dispel negative sales stereotype by changing the way you sell.
- Generate qualified prospects and new business by learning how to gain access to power, influence committee decisions, and negotiate the sell cycle.
- Synchronize your selling tactics with your prospect's buying cycle and lead more prospects to make a buying decision.
- Motivate prospects to take action by helping them see themselves solving their own problems by using your product or service.
- Seize control of the situation and make the sale yourself even when the comptetition is there first.
- Close with confidence without using high pressure.
If you're in sales management, Solution Selling
can help you to manage pipeline more effectively, control the cost of selling, and forecast sales and revenue more accurately. Discover how to cut the learning curve for new salespeople or new products, and consistently reinforce the Solution Selling
sales process. Solution Selling
will help you sell hard-to-sell products and services with greater success. Transform the way you sell, become aligned with your buyers and create new buyers. Learn to diagnose your prospects' critical business issues then position your product so buyers envision themselves using it to solve their own problems. Solution Selling
is about making yourself different and taking advantage of it.
``Solution Selling is an excellent vehicle to teach new salespeople critical sales skills and allow experienced salespeople to fine tune their skills. Solution Selling is the best methodology I've seen for placing emphasis on business issues rather than product.
``Solution Selling is the most comprehensive sales and sales management process available today. Mike Bosworth has the best understanding of sales process in corporate America.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 233-235) and index.
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide