Synopses & Reviews
Enter The Soy Zone...the healthiest diet in the world
Soy is the fastest-growing food product in America today, and for good reason. A nutritional superstar, it has no cholesterol or saturated fat but plenty of protein, vitamins, and fiber and offers an amazing rainbow of health benefits for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.In this groundbreaking new book, Dr. Barry Sears reveals his healthiest Zone diet yet and along the way provides stunning new scientific findings on the disease-fighting and anti-aging benefits of soy. Based on the simple idea that food is your best medicine, The Soy Zone
shows you how to maintain peak mental alertness, increase your energy, and reduce the likelihood of chronic disease -- all while losing excess body fat -- by eating delicious soy-based Zone meals.In this eye-opening new book, Dr. Sears drops bombshell after bombshell, including:
- Why soy is a wonder food
- Why the right soy-based diet can prevent heart disease, cancer, diabetes, depression, osteoporosis, and chronic fatigue
- The serious problems with the traditional grain-based vegetarian diet
- The soy diet secrets of Okinawans, the longest-lived people in the world
- Why a pasta/bread/rice-based diet makes you fat
- Why high-protein fad diets will wreck your metabolism and cause weight gain
- Why the USDA food pyramid is unhealthy
- Why Omega-3 fatty acids must be essential supplements to your diet
So Enter The Soy Zone Today --
- As America is finding out, soy is the most complete and versatile protein source in existence. Now Dr. Sears brings the life-enhancing benefits of the Zone to a mouthwatering collection of delicious soy-based Zone meals, featuring:
- Appetizing new recipes from top chefs, such as Baked Golden Tofu Dumplings, Red Bean Chili, Tempeh Paprikas, Tofu-Eggplant Gumbo, Hong Kong Burger, and Soy Zone-Friendly Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Soy Zone-perfect breakfasts, lunches, appetizers, dinners, and snacks
- The ultimate healthful food plan, with quick and easy fat-burning alternatives to dangerous highcarb diets
- An exercise and longevity plan for men and women
- Helpful recommendations for Soy Zoning your kitchen
- A scientifically proven plan for achieving perfect hormonal balance while losing weight
it may be your greatest investment for a healthy future.
Featuring 100 mouth-watering original recipes, "The Soy Zone" shows how eating the right soy-based vegetarian diet can help readers gain hormonal health and prevent heart disease, cancer, diabetes, depression, and chronic fatigue. Top vegetarian chefs have contributed such recipes as Soy Enchiladas, Golden Tofu Dumplings, Vietnamese Summer Rolls, and Peaches and Cream Cobbler. 2-color throughout.
About the Author
Dr. Barry Sears is recognized as one of the world's leading medical researchers on the hormonal effects of food. He is the author of the number one New York Times bestseller The Zone as well as Mastering the Zone, Zone-Perfect Meals in Minutes, Zone Food Blocks, A Week in the Zone, The Age-Free Zone, The Top 100 Zone Foods, The Soy Zone, The Omega Rx Zone, Zone Meals in Seconds, and What to Eat in the Zone. His books have sold more than five million copies and have been translated into twenty-two languages in forty countries. He continues his research on the inflammatory process as the president of the nonprofit Inflammation Research Foundation in Marblehead, Massachusetts. The father of two grown daughters, he lives in Swampscott, Massachusetts, with his wife, Lynn.