Synopses & Reviews
This edition of SPSS: Analysis without Anguish
continues the trend of previous editions in providing a practical text intended as an introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics 18 and a guide for Windows users who wish to conduct analytical procedures. IBM SPSS Statistics 18 is a sophisticated piece of software used by social scientists and related professionals for statistical analysis.
Extensive use of screen displays and a range of step-by-step working and practice examples remain features of the workbook.
SPSS: Analysis without Anguish Version 18.0 for Windows is suitable for a range of disciplines, including business, health, social sciences, environmental science and geography.
- Updated screen displays refl ect output from IBM SPSS Statistics 18.
- Spiral binding ensures ease of use at the computer.
- Data files are available from the accompanying text website.
- Adopting lecturers have access to all of the book’s screen displays for lecture presentation from the lecturer website.
- Three comprehensive sections:
- Section 1 introduces students to many of the features and techniques available within the IBM SPSS Statistics 18 package.
- Section 2 enables students to interrogate a ‘real-life’ data file and perform a range of analyses.
- Section 3 contains a wealth of examples to provide students with extra practice.
This latest edition of SPSS: Analysis Without Anguish
is based on Version 18.0 of SPSS for Windows (also known as PASW Statistics 18). It serves as a useful guide for both the beginner and experienced users of the software, with extensive screen displays and step-by-step examples.
SPSS: Analysis without Anguish Version 18.0 is software used by social scientists and related professionals for statistical analysis across a number of disciplines, including business, health, social sciences, environmental science and geography. It can also be value packed with other Wiley textbooks in subjects such as statistics, market research and research methods to save students money.
SPSS will run on both PC and MAC.
Table of Contents
SECTION 1 How to use SPSS.
CHAPTER 1 Introduction to SPSS.
CHAPTER 2 Preparation of data files.
CHAPTER 3 Data screening and transformation.
CHAPTER 4 Descriptive statistics.
CHAPTER 5 Correlation.
CHAPTER 6 t-tests.
CHAPTER 7 One-way between-groups ANOVA with planned comparisons.
CHAPTER 8 One-way between-groups ANOVA with planned comparisons.
CHAPTER 9 Two-way between-groups ANOVA.
CHAPTER 10 One-way repeated-measures ANOVA.
CHAPTER 11 Two-way repeated-measures ANOVA.
CHAPTER 12 Trend analysis.
CHAPTER 13 Mixed/split plot design (SPANOVA).
CHAPTER 14 One-way analysis of covariance (ANCOVA).
CHAPTER 15 Reliability analysis.
CHAPTER 16 Factor analysis.
CHAPTER 17 Multiple regression.
CHAPTER 18 Multiple analysis of variance (MANOVA).
CHAPTER 19 Nonparametric techniques.
CHAPTER 20 Multiple response analysis and multiple dichotomy analysis.
CHAPTER 21 Multidimensional scaling.
CHAPTER 22 Working with output.
SECTION 2 Analysing data with SPSS.
CHAPTER 23 Introduction and research questions.
CHAPTER 24 Practising analytical techniques.
SECTION 3 Further practice.
CHAPTER 25 Extra practice.