Synopses & Reviews
CliffsQuickReview course guides cover the essentials of your toughest classes. Get a firm grip on core concepts and key material, and test your newfound knowledge with review questions.
CliffsQuickReview Statisticsintroduces you to the fascinating world of statistics — a powerful tool used for finding patterns in data and inferring important connections between events in the real world. Many people find statistics confusing and intimidating; however, whether you're new to statistics or need to review for an important test, this reference will easily help clarify some of the elements of statistical reasoning and analysis. As you work your way through this review, you'll be ready to tackle such concepts as
- Graphical displays and numerical measures
- Probability and sampling
- Principles of testing and univariate inferential tests
- Bivariate relationships
CliffsQuickReview Statisticscan act as a supplement to your textbook and to classroom lectures. Use this reference in any way that fits your personal style for study and review — you decide what works best with your needs. You can read the book from cover to cover or just look for the information you want and put it back on the shelf for later. Here are just a few ways you can search for topics:
- Use the free Pocket Guide full of essential information
- Get a glimpse of what you’ll gain from a chapter by reading through the Chapter Check-In at the beginning of each chapter
- Use the Chapter Checkout at the end of each chapter to gauge your grasp of the important information you need to know
- Test your knowledge more completely in the CQR Review and look for additional sources of information in the CQR Resource Center
- Use the glossary to find key terms fast
With titles available for all the most popular high school and college courses, CliffsQuickReview guides are a comprehensive resource that can help you get the best possible grades.
Cliffs Quick Reviews are Produced by The People Who Know Student Needs and Respond to Them. This logically presented, easy-to-grasp review gives you the reference you want to effectively organize your introductory-level course work. Each Review Gives You
- a concise but comprehensive source of ready information on the fundamentals of the subject
- clearly arranged and accessible basic course notes in manageable units and straightforward language
- practical help in checking your understanding of material presented in your classes
- the expertise of an accomplished teacher as your private tutor
- an excellent way to review core concepts before quizzes, midterms, and finals
About the Author
David Voelker is a respected educator and author from the San Francisco Bay area.
Peter Orton is Program Director of Global Curriculum Technology for IBN, designing leadership development Web sites, videos, and online simulators for IBNers globally. Orton lives in North Carolina with his wife and 10-year-old daughter.
Scott Adams is earning his PhD in physics at Vanderbilt University. His main interest is in molecular biophysics, especially electrophysiology.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Overview.
Chapter 2: Graphic Displays.
Chapter 3: Numerical Measures.
Chapter 4: Probability.
Chapter 5: Sampling.
Chapter 6: Principles of Testing.
Chapter 7: Univariate Inferential Tests.
Chapter 8: Bivariate Relationships.
Appendix A: Common Mistakes.
Appendix B: Tables.
CQR Resource Center.
To Cliffs QuickReview: Statistics.