Synopses & Reviews
Analyze the data, see the business relevance.
Reducing the emphasis on doing computations, this practical text thoroughly integrates Microsoft® Excel as a tool for analysis and presents statistical concepts in the context of the functional areas of business.
The sixth edition focuses on making statistics even more relevant to the business world and builds on the book’s hallmark feature of helping readers with the analysis of statistics.
Table of Contents
2. Organizing and Visualizing Data
3. Descriptive Statistics
4. Basic Probability
5. Discrete Probability Distributions
6. The Normal Distribution and Other Continuous Distributions
7. Sampling and Sampling Distributions
8. Confidence Interval Estimation
9. Fundamentals of Hypothesis Testing: One-Sample Tests
10. Two-Sample Tests
11. Analysis of Variance
12. Chi-Square Tests and Non-Parametric Tests
13. Simple Linear Regression
14. Introduction to Multiple Regression
15. Multiple Regression Model Building
16. Time-Series Forecasting
17. Statistical Applications in Quality Management
18. Data Analysis Overview
19. Online Topic: Decision Making