Synopses & Reviews
Your cup runneth over with tea!
What's not to love about tea? It's delicious and healthy, relaxing and restorative, and, as you'll discover in this book, it's amazingly versatile!
* Learn how to select and brew the perfect cup of tea for any occasion and cook savory dishes using teas
* Create distinctive tea-enjoyment settings in every room of the house -- from the kitchen to the bedroom
* Plan inventive tea parties like a Mah-Jongg Tea or Monday-Night Football High Tea
* Design your own tea gardens from a traditional Japanese garden to a portable Serenity Terrarium
* Make teatime projects, from fragrant tea dream pillows to tea-themed cards and home accessories
Rosen explores the many realms of tea, from drinking to crafting to promoting health. A Selection the Book-of-the-Month Club's Country Homes & Gardens Club.
Using a room-by-room approach, Steeped in Tea explores both the drinking and nondrinking uses for tea, including decorating and crafting, making health and beauty products, and creating special places to truly savor the tea-taking experience.
About the Author
Diana Rosen has a special interest in the traditions of world cultures and practices that enhance spirituality in everyday life. Her previous books include The Book of Green Tea, Chai, Steeped in Tea, and Taking Time for Tea.
Table of Contents
Part One - Creating an Atmosphere for Tea
Tea in the Living Room
Tea in the Dining Room
Tea in the Office
Tea in the Kitchen
Tea in the Bedroom
Tea in the Bathroom
Part Two - Sharing Tea with Others
Gifts for Tea Lovers
Innovative Tea Events
Traditional Eastern Tea Events
Traditional Western Tea Events
Looking into the Future with Tea
Part Three - Tea in the Garden
Creating a Tea Garden
Tips for Using Tea around the Garden