Synopses & Reviews
"One of the ten best investing books of all time."--The Washington Post
One of investing's most celebrated icons updates his classic work to reflect today's world and markets
In this long-awaited and eagerly anticipated update, Jeremy iegel provides his legendary perspective and guidance to an investment world turned upside down. Stocks for the Long Run combines a compelling and timely portrait of today's turbulent stock market with the strategies, tools, and techniques investors need to maintain their focus and achieve meaningful stock returns over time.
This completely updated edition includes entirely new data, charts, and figures as it provides answers on the five major issues concerning investors and professionals today:
- How will events related to September 11 tragedy affect long-term market returns?
- What behavioral roadblocks stand in the way of achieving financial success?
- Are "countries" still relevant for global investing?
- Will stock "indexing" match its past performance?
- Can tomorrow's stock market deliver the same returns as markets in the past?
Praise for previous editions of Stocks for the Long Run:
"Should command a central place on the desk of any 'amateur' investor or beginning professional."--Barron's
"A simply great book."--Forbes
About the Author
Jeremy J. Siegel, Ph.D., is the Russell E. Palmer Professor of Finance at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. An advisor to the Federal Reserve, Siegel is an acclaimed consultant and lecturer for financial firms and money managers around the globe and is a frequent guest on CNBC, CNN, PBS, "Wall Street Week," and NPR.