Synopses & Reviews
Street foods have been a mainstay of nearly every culture for centuries, but today it is rapidly becoming one of the hottest trends in the culinary world. While mobile food trucks have turned everything from upscale desserts to chicken schnitzel into street foods, traditional street foods from around the world are popping up on restaurant menus everywhere, from casual bistros to upscale fine dining establishments. This book will be the first complete guide to the street foods of the world for professional chefs and culinary students.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 What is Street Food?
- Chapter 2 Meat and Poultry
- Chapter 3 Fish and Seafood
- Chapter 4 Vegetables
- Chapter 5 Grains, Legumes, Noodles, and Bread
- Chapter 6 Sweets and Beverages
- Suggested Readings List