Synopses & Reviews
Dr. Miriam Nelson clears away the misconceptions and myths-often fueled by the proponents of diets that focus on weight loss-and explains how to make the right food decisions. She offers sound, scientifically based advice, and shows women how to finally find pleasure in eating-and eating well. Included are:
- Why high-protein, low-carbohydrate diets are ineffective and potentially dangerous
- How to read and understand "Nutrition Facts"
- The formula for determining how much protein is needed
- Advice on whether to buy organic
- What "fat-free" really means on a label
- The latest information on genetically engineered foods
- Advice on supplements
- 50 recipes
- and more
Dr. Nelson clears away the misconceptions and myths and explains how to make the right food decisions to eat in a healthful, balanced way. Includes 50 recipes.
About the Author
Miriam E. Nelson, Ph.D., is an associate professor of Nutrition and Director of the Center of Physical Fitness at the School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University. Her news-making research has been published in JAMA
and The New England Journal of Medicine
, and covered prominently in popular media including Oprah
, and Parade
Judy Knipe is the author of Sensational Soups and co-author of The Christmas Cookie Book.