Synopses & Reviews
* Teaches students to design programs so that they are easy to read, debug, modify, and maintain.
* Provides students with the ability to write well designed elementary, intermediate, and advanced structured COBOL programs in their entirety.
* Familiarizes students with information processing and systems concepts that will help them interact with users and systems analysts when designing programs.
* Familiarize students with programming tools such as pseudocode and hierarchy charts that make program logic more structured, modular, and top-down.
* Teaches students useful techniques for maintaining and modifying older "legacy" programs.
* Student disk containing all data for all programming assignments as well as the full Practice Program from each chapter.
* A fully integrated explanation of the Year 2000 (Y2K) problem and its remedies.
* Pedagogy--Debugging tips and critical thinking questions in each chapter. Each chapter also includes Internet assignments to familiarize students with sites that can be used to enhance their COBOL skills.