Synopses & Reviews
Bag the bargains and glam it up--go from frumpy to fabulous style without wounding your wallet!
Everyone knows a woman who turns heads with her captivating style. Her clothes fit her body perfectly, her use of color is compelling, her shoes are to die for, and her accessories make her whole outfit pop with panache. Is she a fashion-industry insider? A millionaire? If she's smart, chances are she's a value vixen who's learned which styles best fit her figure, how to navigate the sales rack, and how to put together a look that's fashionably fabulous. With Style on a Shoestring as your guide, you willl learn how to have a great "cents of style"-without breaking the bank. This book teaches you the skills to give yourself a complete makeover, including:
- How to make a $5 thrift-store find look like a $500 designer deal
- Getting wardrobe wreckers out of your closet and reworking the frocks you already have
- Finding the right denim, bra, tops-even the dreaded bathing suit--for your body
- What time, day, and month to pounce on the best bargains
- Which colors minimize figure flaws and showcase the good stuff
About the Author
A style expert, founder of the popular fashion website centsofstyle.com, and a former Ford model, Andy Paige is a member of the Glam Squad on TLC's 10 Years Younger. She regularly appears on the Style Network's How Do I Look? and the Soap Network's Soap Talk. Andy was the Beauty and Style Expert on NBC's hit reality show Starting Over and shares her thrifty style secrets in Glamour, InStyle, and Soap Opera Digest.
Table of Contents
1. You Dont Have to Spend a Fortune to Look Like a Million
2. Bras, Panties, Girdles and Other Pickem Up, Poke It Out and Suck it in Tools
3. Does This Look Good on Me?
4. Bang for the Buck/Economical Shopping Strategies
5. Mark Your Calendar: The Best Time of Day, Week, and Month to Build Your Wardrobe)
6. Uh . . . Dont Do That: Sale and Fashion Donts
7. The Power of Color
8. Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize
9. Closet Evaluations and Reorganizations
10. Bit Night, Little Money: Special Occasion Dressing on a Budget
11. Its a Wrap