Synopses & Reviews
Organized around the places and ways we cook outdoors: the backyard grill, the picnic, the campsite, or the cabin, The Great Outdoors Cookbook
draws on the long tradition of cooking and living in the great outdoors. Discover the tradition and evolution of outdoor cooking in the West with stories, quotes, and historical photos from the rich archives of Sunset
magazine from camp cooking, dutch oven cooking, pit barbecuing, to today's fresh, modern, healthy approach to cooking and eating outdoors. With 200+ fresh recipes and 150+ full-color photos, this book has everything readers need to experience the ultimate outdoor cooking adventure - from menu planning and packing tips, to easy step-by-step cooking techniques, from the best advice on supplies and cookers to strategies for eating well and cooking outdoors -- that's all here and so much more. All in celebration of the life lived outdoors.
- Over 175 recipes that cover the full range of outdoor cooking
- More than 125 full-color gorgeous photos
- Step-by-step instructions for outdoor cooking techniques, including grilling, smoking, Dutch oven and solar oven cooking
- Expert advice on the latest outdoor cooking equipment: grills, smokers, camp stoves, fire pits, outdoor pizza ovens, and more
- Menu planning and food packing suggestions
- Nutritional data for every recipe
About the Author
For more than half a century, Sunset has been helping readers remodel their homes and improve their lives. Sunset has a circulation of over 1.1 million and a readership of 5.325 million.