Synopses & Reviews
- Learn the latest HTML5 techniques, including the use of the Canvas element and SVG
- Create eye-catching effects by combining old-school DHTML with jQuery
- Learn different architectures for real-time arcade games
- Explore growing 3D possibilities, such as the use of scaling and perspective
- Discover approaches to business-oriented visualization and dashboard graphics
By following real-world examples, experienced web developers learn fun and useful approaches to arcade games, DHTML effects, business dashboards, and other applications. This book serves complex subjects in easily digestible pieces, and each topic acts as a foundation for the next.
- Create fast-moving graphics by combining old-school DHTML with jQuery
- Learn advanced UI techniques using the jQuery UI and Ext JS libraries
- Master HTML5 Canvas basics for drawings, fills, bitmaps, animation, and more
- Create applications for the small screen with jQuery Mobile and PhoneGap
- Use Googles data visualization tools to create interactive dashboards
About the Author
Raffaele Cecco is a veteran software developer from the European video games industry, publishing his first title in 1986. After working on a freelance basis and publishing numerous products to accolades, he served as Technical Director at London-based software studio, King of the Jungle Ltd, where he created software for clients such as Hasbro and Virgin. In 2003, shifted to web technologies, both client and server-side, and spent some time developing retail e-commerce systems. He enjoys experimenting on his website, professorcloud.com, and the need to push pixels around quickly and make systems do things above their station has never left him.
Table of Contents