Synopses & Reviews
SuperfoodsRX is the definitive guide to a healthy, long, and energetic life. Thousands of Americans have already discovered the numerous benefits of the fourteen Superfoods, including cancer prevention, increased energy, and wrinkleandndash;free skin. SuperfoodsRX has been on the New York Times Extended Bestseller List, and on the bestseller lists of USA Today, Entertainment Weekly, and The Wall Street Journal. Author Steve Pratt M.D. has made appearances on Oprah, The Weekend Today Show, MSNBC, CNN, and The View. Now as a trade paperback, SuperfoodsRX is sure to rejuvenate the lives of millions more.
Whether you're 23 or 63 now is the time to start eating the SuperFoods way. By incorporating these foods into you regular diet you can actually change the course of your biochemistry and stop the incremental changes in your body that lead to diseases such as type II diabetes, hypertension, certain cancers, obesity, and Alzheimer's.
So what are the SuperFoods? Don't worry. You won't have to subsist on sprouts and shots of wheatgrass juice. The fourteen foods are beans, blueberries, broccoli, oats, oranges, pumpkin, salmon, soy, spinach, tea, tomatoes, turkey, walnuts and yogurt. Not exactly a broccoli fan? No problem. Each food comes with a list of "sidekicks" that provide similar benefits. Have cabbage, turnips, or bok choy instead.
Suitable for heathandndash;conscious individuals.
Will interest anyone looking to improve their health, appearance, and energy level.
This guide not only outlines the amazing benefits of 14 healthful foods, it also includes delicious recipes, kitchen tips, and shopping suggestions that will make the SuperFoods lifestyle simple and irresistible.
The super-bestselling book that's enhancing Americans' health
By eating the fourteen SuperFoods highlighted in Dr. Steven Pratt's instant bestseller, you can actually stop the incremental deteriorations that lead to common ailments and diseases
- Beans -- reduce obesity
- Blueberries -- lower risk for cardiovascular disease
- Broccoli -- lowers the incidence of cataracts and fights birth defects
- Oats -- reduce the risk of type II diabetes
- Oranges -- prevent strokes
- Pumpkin -- lowers the risk of various cancers
- Wild salmon -- lowers the risk of heart disease
- Soy -- lowers cholesterol
- Spinach -- decreases the chance of cardiovascular disease and age-related macular degeneration
- Tea -- helps prevent osteoporosis
- Tomatoes -- raise the skin's sun protection factor
- Turkey -- helps build a strong immune system
- Walnuts -- reduce the risk of developing coronary heart disease, diabetes, and cancer
* Yogurt-promotes strong bones and a healthy heart
SuperFoods Rx includes recipes created by Chef Michel Stroot of the Golden Door Spa and teaches you how to incorporate SuperFoods and their sidekicks into your diet. SuperFoods Rx is an indispensable guide to a healthy, long, and energetic life.
About the Author
Steven G. Pratt, M.D., is a world-renowned authority on the role of nutrition and lifestyle in the prevention of disease and optimization of health. He is a senior staff ophthalmologist at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, California.
Kathy Matthews is a bestselling author of fifteen books, including the New York Times bestseller SuperFoods Rx with Dr. Steven Pratt.