Synopses & Reviews
Living with a teenager is no picnic. There are times when you must bite your tongue as they push towards independence. Or, if you sense there is trouble, there are times when you must take charge. This program gives parents a step-by-step approach that will help end the hassles and offer concrete solutions.
In Surviving Your Adolescents, you will learn:
- What is normal adolescent behavior
- How to manage teenage risk-taking
- Exactly what problems require your "letting go"
- The Four Cardinal Sins (What not to do)
- The relationship between parent/teen communication and safety
- The five ways to improve your relationship
- What role to take: Observer, Advisor, Negotiator, Director
- How to respond to emotional blackmail
- From fashion to passion: guidelines to specific problems
This encouraging resource walks parents through the ups-and-downs of parenting adolescents, helping end the hassles and improve the parent-teenager relationship.
Walking parents through the ups and downs of parenting adolescents, this guide helps end the hassle and improve the parentand#8211;teenager relationship.
About the Author
Thomas W. Phelan, PhD
, is a member of the Illinois and American Psychological Associations and is the author of 1-2-3 Magic
, All About Attention Deficit Disorder
, Medication for ADHD
, and Surviving Your Adolescents
. He lives in Glen Ellyn, Illinois