Synopses & Reviews
Unrelenting e-mail. Conflicting commitments. Endless interruptions. In Take Back Your Life!, productivity expert Sally McGhee shows you how to take control and reclaim something you thought you’d lost forever—your work-life balance. Now you can benefit from Sally’s popular and highly regarded corporate education programs, learning simple but powerful techniques for rebalancing your personal and professional commitments using the productivity features in Microsoft Outlook.
Learn the proven methods that will empower you to:
- Clear away distractions and loose ends and focus on what’s really important to you and your business.
- Take charge of your productivity using techniques and processes designed by McGhee Productivity Solutions and implemented in numerous Fortune 500 companies.
- Customize and exploit the productivity features in Microsoft Outlook to help you create balance at home and on the job.
When you change your approach, you can change your results. So learn what thousands of Sally’s clients worldwide have discovered about taking control of their everyday productivity—and start transforming your own life today!
Covers Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Outlook Version 2002, and Outlook 2000
- learn how to make Outlook part of an effective and highly personalized system for managing the constant stream of information that flows across your desktop
- Delivers the same powerful personal organization techniques from Managing Action, a popular corporate training class taught in some of the world's most successful companies
- Written in an engaging, easy-to-read style for Outlook users of all levels
- Applies concepts and models from the fields of behavioral psychology and education
About the Author
A recognized thought leader and innovator in the field of productivity management, Sally McGhee has trained thousands of people in the corporate environment. She has more than 25 years experience as a consultant and an executive coach, and is the founder and CEO of McGhee Productivity Solutions.
Table of Contents
DedicationAcknowledgmentsIntroductionLaying the Foundation
- Chapter 1: Change Your Approach, Change Your Results
- Chapter 2: What Is Personal Productivity?
- Chapter 3: The Three Phases for Creating an Integrated Management System
The Collecting Phase
- Chapter 4: Setting Up Your Approved Collecting Points
- Chapter 5: Clearing the Mind
The Processing and Organizing Phase
- Chapter 6: Introducing the Planning and Action Categories
- Chapter 7: Processing and Organizing Your Task List
- Chapter 8: Setting Up Your Reference System
- Chapter 9: Processing and Organizing Your E-Mail
The Prioritizing and Planning Phase
- Chapter 10: Prioritizing and Planning