Synopses & Reviews
This book and its two companion CDs provide a complete guide to the pronunciation of Brazilian Portuguese. Devised to meet the particular needs of native English speakers, Talking Brazilian may be used by independent students seeking to improve their pronunciation skills as well as by students in traditional classrooms and language labs. The book takes a practical approach in its numerous exercises, and the CDs offer exercises and dialogues recorded by native speakers of Brazilian Portuguese.
Talking Brazilian is a complete course in the pronunciation of Brazilian Portuguese, especially designed with the needs of English-speaking students in mind. The book with its two companion CDs includes explanations of all sounds of Portuguese. Talking Brazilian can be used independently by students seeking to improve their pronunciation skills. It is also ideally suited for classroom use by students at any level of language proficiency.
Talking Brazilian is an essential tool for gaining full command of Brazilian Portuguese pronunciation. The program offers:
- Illustrated textbook with dialogues
- 2 audio CDs of all the dialogues and practice with pronunciation
- Four main types of exercises: Isolated Words, Sentences, Minimal Pairs, and Dialogues
- Numerous exercises using isolated words and sentences
- Instructions for independent learners and classroom students
- Lessons designed for students at ANY level of language proficiency