Synopses & Reviews
Sweet-talk SiriTM into doing practically anything!
Apple’s Siri voice technology is even more amazing when you really know how
to talk to it. Now, two top Apple tech experts show how to talk Siri into doing
more than ever before! Just look up what you want to do, and you’ll find tested
step-by-step instructions for getting exactly the results you want. From start to
finish, this book is packed with quick and easy ways to make Siri even more
reliable and useful—and way more fun!
• Get more accurate recognition every time you use Siri
• Ask questions that avoid “misunderstandings” and lead to precise,
• Check weather forecasts, stock prices, and lots more
• Help Siri recognize and connect with your spouse, children, and parents
• Use Siri to stay in touch with friends, colleagues, and customers
• Transform Siri into your personal media DJ
• Find the nearest store that’s selling whatever you’re looking for
• Let Siri calculate restaurant tips and “splitting the tab”
• Use Siri to organize your life—and never miss another commitment
• Answer math and science problems with Siri and Wolfram Alpha
• Dictate memos, text and Twitter messages, and even blog posts
• Make sure Siri responds only to you, not to an impostor
With Siri, iPhone 4S users can get the answers and actions they're looking for, just by speaking to their phones. But, as pioneering users have discovered, Siri takes some getting used to: it's all too easy for Siri to misinterpret and frustrate you. Talking to Siri is the solution: the concise, practical Siri guidebook for everyone. Renowned Apple experts Erica Sadun and Steve Sande help you talk to Siri in ways it'll understand, so you get exactly what you want from it. You'll discover which categories Siri responds to best, and learn how to make the most of them. Sadun and Sande reveal the best ways to set up Siri in your preferences, manage your interactive conversations, and perform tasks ranging from checking the weather to doing math. Packed with practical how-tos and real-world examples, this book won't just make Siri work better for you right now: it'll help you find new ways to use it that you never even imagined!
About the Author
Erica Sadun writes lots of books and she blogs at TUAW. When not writing, she’s a full-time parent of geeks who are brushing up on their world-domination skills. According to her academic dosimeter, she has acquired more education than any self-respecting person might consider wise. She enjoys deep-diving into technology.
Steve Sande also writes way too much. He’s the hardware editor at TUAW, and recently logged more than one million words written for the blog in just over 3 years. He’s written a number of books for Take Control Books and Apress, is married to a rocket scientist, and spends his days being bossed by a cat.
Table of Contents
1 Getting Started with Siri
2 Asking Siri for Information
3 Staying in Touch Using Siri
4 Talking to Your Daytimer
5 Going Shopping with Siri
6 Pushing Limits with Siri
7 Dictating to Siri