Synopses & Reviews
The Taste of Home Baking Book
is the ideal kitchen companion for anyone who enjoys making and sharing irresistible, fresh-from-the-oven treats! For the first time ever, the very best baking secrets from readers of Taste of Home
magazine have been collected and specially selected to give you?
* 725+ RECIPES AND VARIATIONS, all tested, tasted, and approved by the Taste of Home editors and Test Kitchen staff.
* SIMPLE, STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS and quick-read ingredient lists to make baking a snap.
* 675+ COLOR PHOTOS of finished recipes, common ingredients and baking how-to?s.
* 13 COMPREHENSIVE CHAPTERS covering all the delicacies you love to make, including cookies, brownies, bars, pies, cakes, breads and more!
* PREP AND BAKE TIMES for every recipe to help plan your kitchen time.
* 150+ PRACTICAL, PROVEN TIPS for delicious results every time?plus handy reference charts.
* AT-A-GLANCE, ALPHABETICAL LISTS for each chapter and complete subject and reference indexes.
Whether you?re a novice or an experienced home baker, you?ll discover scrumptious sweets, savory treats and batches of delectable, oven-fresh ideas for any occasion in The Taste of Home Baking Book.
"Fans of home-baked sweets need look no further than this massive collection of more than 700 recipes submitted by Taste of Home readers, which covers everything-and its variations (Apple Coffee Cake, Zucchini Oat Muffins, etc.). Designed with the user in mind, the book is organized by type of baked good (cookies, bars, pies and tarts, desserts, savory and sweet yeast breads, etc.) and augmented with helpful tabs and a comprehensive index. Once the flour starts to fly, readers can use the thick plastic page protectors included to keep pages clean, and sturdy ring-bound construction ensures it will hold up to frequent use. Submissions come from all over the country, ranging from regional favorites like Old-Fashioned Raisin Pie (from Illinois) and Fruit-Filled Kolachkes, a fluffy Polish pastry, to classics like Bread Pudding and Lemon Bars. Purists may scoff at some recipes and techniques (such as German Chocolate Cookies that call for a box of German chocolate cake mix) but the focus here is the end result. Rounded out with tips on everything from shipping cookies to creating chocolate 'clay' that can be molded and used as accoutrement, the authors have achieved an exceedingly thorough resource; this brilliantly conceived title should top the list for anyone looking for their first book on baking." Publishers Weekly (Starred Review) (Copyright Reed Business Information, Inc.)
Readers will have quick access to everything inside this comprehensive baking guide with a complete alphabetical listing on each chapter divider, a subject index, and a reference index. Special features include a binder that lies flat, snap-in splash guards, and pocketed pages to store personal baking recipes.Readers Digest
The beautiful, inspiring, and practical cornerstone guide to baking, with 400 recipes and 250 photos.
This all-new and gorgeous edition of Better Homes and Gardens Bakingand#160;
(the first major all-purpose BHandG baking title published since 1998)and#160;is a compendium of irresistible cookies, brownies, cakes, pies, cobblers, pastries, and breadsand#8212;from everyday sweets to special-occasion show-stoppers. It has everything you need to bake fuss-free and with delicious results for bake sales, cookie swaps, birthday parties, holiday tables, or just because youand#8217;re in the mood to bake. You'll find:
- More than 400 recipes for luscious baked goods such as Cinnamon Rolls (with four fun shape variations), Raspberry French Silk Pie Bars, and Herbed Boule
- More than 250 photos showcase the recipes and clarify techniques
- Chapter-opener features with classic recipes that teach secrets to baking success
- Make-It-Mine recipes with choices to help you adapt to your taste, convenience, and occasion
- Make-It-Mini guides to help bakers turn out scrumptious sweets in smaller sizes
This will surely be the go-to baking reference and inspiration for years to come.
About the Author
The iconic BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS brand is one of Americaand#39;s most trusted sources for information on cooking, gardening, home improvement, home design, decorating, and crafting. Today, the brand encompasses books, magazines, and digital media.