Synopses & Reviews
From the earliest harbingers of spring to the lilies of summer and the crocuses of fall, nothing adds color to a garden quite like bulbs do. Use this fully illustrated, comprehensive guide to select the best bulbs to create an ever-changing parade of garden color. In it you'll find:
* The best cultivars of beloved hardy bulbs such as tulips and daffodils
* Exciting new tender bulbs to grow for summer color--or in containers
* Lists of bulbs by bloom time to guide your selections and ensure flowers from late winter through fall
* Detailed instructions for propagating bulbs
* Complete information on how to overwinter tender bulbs
* Instructions on forcing bulbs for indoor flowers
For every plant pictured, you'll find complete growing information, including sun, shade, and soil requirements.
Taylor's Guides are well known and widely praised for their clear, informative text and expert horticultural information. Each flexibound volume combines beauty and authority, featuring hundreds of stunning, full-color identification photographs and advice from experts across the country.
Featuring an encyclopedia of 300 bulbs, this is the most comprehensive guide available. Helpful tips for selecting the best plant for a particular ground area and a step-by-step guide to planting are also included in this book.
About the Author
Barbara Ellis, a former gardening editor at Rodale Press and the publications director of the American Horticultural Society, is the author of many gardening books, including THE RODALE ALL-NEW ENCYCLOPEDIA OF ORGANIC GARDENING and THE BURPEE COMPLETE GARDENER as well as several TAYLOR'S WEEKEND GARDENING GUIDES. She resides in Alburtis, Pennsylvania.