Table of Contents
I. PRINCIPLES. 1. Quality: What Is It and Who Wants It?
2. Standard Specifications.
3. Getting Reliable Test Results.
4. Sampling and Statistics.
5. Overview of Textile Testing.
II. FABRIC TEST METHODS. 6. Characterizing a Fabric.
7. Measures of Fabric Strength and Elongation.
8. Abrasion and Wear.
9. Effects of Refurbishing on Textiles and End Products.
10. Colorfastness Tests.
11. Colorfastness Tests for End Use Exposure Conditions.
13. Absorbency and Repellency.
14. Comfort, Hand, and Drape.
APPENDICES. A. Testing Equipment.
B. Fabric Selection.
C. Specimen Preparation.