Synopses & Reviews
This book is the first to concentrate on all 32 bit microprocessors and the pentium. This comprehensive exploration of microprocessor technology introduces core concepts, techniques, and applications using the 80386, 80486, and Pentium processors, putting equal emphasis on assembly language software programming and microcomputer hardware/interfacing. The second part of this book presents software, memory, circuits, I/0 and peripherals. The third part consists of PC/AT business interfacing, testing, troubleshooting, and the pentium. For anyone interested in Microprocessor Technology.
For one/two-semester, junior/graduate-level courses in Microprocessor Technology.This comprehensive exploration of microprocessor technology introduces core concepts, techniques, and applications using the 80386, 80486, and Pentium<194> processors -- putting equal emphasis on assembly language software programming and microcomputer hardware/interfacing.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 903-904) and index.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Microprocessors and Microcomputers.
2. Real-Addressed Mode Software Architecture of the 80386DX Microprocessor.
3. Assembly Language Programming.
4. Machine Language Coding and the Debug Software Development Program of the PC/AT-Compatible Microcomputer.
5. Real-Mode 80386DX Microprocessor Programming I.
6. Real-Mode 80386DX Microprocessor Programming II.
7. Assembly Language Program Development with the Microsoft MASM Assembler.
8. Protected-Mode Software Architecture of the 80386DX.
9. The 80386DX Microprocessor and Its Memory and Input/Output Interfaces.
10. Memory Devices, Circuits, and Subsystem Design.
11. Input/Output Interface Circuits and LSI Peripheral Devices.
12. Interrupt and Exception Processing of the 80386DX Microprocessor.
13. 80386DX PC/AT Microcomputer System Hardware.
14. PC/AT Bus Interfacing, Circuit Construction, Testing, and Troubleshooting.
15. The 80486 Microprocessor Family.
16. The Pentium® Processor Family.
Answers to Selected Assignments.